Thread: Which ladies -USA -deserve Sochi?

Hybrid View

Which ladies -USA -deserve Sochi?

Ash, Grace ,Sam.

will Sam get recognized at nationals? do the judges prefer hicks, agnes, mirai?

Custom Title
    As much as I have a fondness for Mirai, I think she's lost her competitive edge. I think it's going to be Ashley/Gracie (not sure who will be first or second) and Sam. Sam did an awesome job at TEB and I hope the Nat judges score her favorably. I don't think Agnes should even be considered - sorry to say. She's just not a competitor and I would honestly not want her representing us at the Olys.

Custom Title
    Ashley and Gracie for sure, although I am not a big Gold fan.

I adore Mirai too, but I don't think she can do it. Even when she skates "clean" she gets so many UR calls.

The 3rd spot was Christina Gao's until her debacle at TEB. I LOVED Sam this weekend! I don't trust Agnes to deliver, and I just can't bear the idea of watching Hicks at the Olympics- no basic skating skills and no artistry. How about Polina Edmunds? She is a highly lauded junior making her senior nationals debut. Why not send a bright future prospect who has triple triples and good choreography?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PzAhGwBBz8

Polina in Minsk, Junior Grand Prix in Sept. She's lovely but Sam could better handle Oly, I think, Polina is too too green.

Can someone who know's cesrio's skating critique her progeams, her skill and if she will have merit here in Jan. and with world judges? Opinions on Sam please?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    She seems to compete well- a huge plus. She gets UR calls, but didn't so much at TEB. I love her skating. And the first place US girl is unsure of a medal at the Olympics-the theird place US girl is just along for the ride. I'd like it to be Sam, but she's not going to medal. USFS should send the 3rd place girl from Nationals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PzAhGwBBz8

Polina in Minsk, Junior Grand Prix in Sept. She's lovely but Sam could better handle Oly, I think, Polina is too too green.
    Yes, Polina is too green.
    She looks like Pogorilaya past season - ready to Junior, not ready to Senior Internationals.

But ... Past season was the situation - Gosviani and Leonova had ISU Championships spots, as the best age eligible Ladies for 3rd spot.
    Probably Pogorilaya (she was ahead them at Russian Nats and had higher Season Best Score) would have better results than Gosviani at Euro and than Leonova at Worlds, only because her jumps and stability.
    Pogorilaya was not age eligible past season.

Situation like this may be in US female skating this season. But Polina Edmunds is age eligible. So she may fill the spot.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Ashley will be champion barring any major upset/ blunders. The second spot right now belongs to Gracie, I honestly don't see Samatha in the conversation. She is a beautiful woman and has a nice style but her skating skills and tech content are not there yet. I hope Mirai can have a skate of her life but i don't see that Bomd program being "it" for her.

Custom Title
    It is about what international judges likes, and I think Mirai will fair well compare with Sam, who still need to build her international reputation. A Mirai with the US federation behind her would be very competitive.

Samantha has great programs, she attacks. She performs better than anyone-if Ashley is tentative, she slows down, double foots, she is not with a great sp and lp. Rocky changes have affected her. I think Samantha is capable of skating under the pressure -she doesn't have Agnes huge jumps, but Agnes is so inconsistent. I see her falling apart in Sochi. Gao has more confidence but blew it in GP. I think Samantha has good skating skills and is among a handful of ladies unafraid to let loose and perform under pressure. I think she will do very well. She is underscored. That is problem, not having the cred from two lost years.

I would be happy to see her beautiful fluid skating recognized at nationals. May she have great luck.