Emanuel Sandhu | Golden Skate

Emanuel Sandhu

Arianne

On the Ice
Is he planning on competing this season again? I hadn't heard anything lately. I hope we get to see him again!

Coriana

On the Ice
I read that he didn't compete at the BC trial competitions- so no - but he was the coach of some novice teams who did.

Skate97

Rinkside
Sandhu did register for BC Sectionals since he was on the original entry list. If there are 4 or fewer competitors in an event, the skaters will automatically advance even if they don't skate. Only 3 BC men competed in Seniors, so technically Sandhu could show up at Challenge in December if he wants to skate. I have no idea what he plans to do though.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight

coppertop1

On the Ice
Interesting. I think his chances of making the Olympics are slim, he's not in his prime anymore (for skating), and the battle for the second and third spot will be pretty intense. Though Reynolds (what's up with him? I haven't heard much about him this year), is probably the best bet for third if he's still on the scene.

I agree it's too bad there's not much of a pro circuit. I wonder sometimes if he could have benefitted more from a no-nonsense coach who would tell him to leave the excuses and get it together.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Eman and Shown should be two of the best show skaters in the world. They had their weaknesses as competitors but they are both extremely talented and unique artists on ice.

coppertop1

On the Ice
Eman and Shown should be two of the best show skaters in the world. They had their weaknesses as competitors but they are both extremely talented and unique artists on ice.

Agreed! I've seen Shawn perform live, he's a natural show man. I'm sure Emanuel would be, too! He was always expressive and creative.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I would be so happy if Emanuel would finish third and get a place for the Sochi team.
He is the one that I'm rooting for the bronze at national :)

coppertop1

On the Ice
Well, it may be tough but not impossible. Personally, I'd love to be able to go into a time machine and put Emanuel at his peak against Patrick, that would be an interesting showdown. I'd like to see Emanuel become a choreographer, that'd be something he'd be great at!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Interesting. I think his chances of making the Olympics are slim, he's not in his prime anymore (for skating), and the battle for the second and third spot will be pretty intense. Though Reynolds (what's up with him? I haven't heard much about him this year), is probably the best bet for third if he's still on the scene.

I agree it's too bad there's not much of a pro circuit. I wonder sometimes if he could have benefitted more from a no-nonsense coach who would tell him to leave the excuses and get it together.

Huh? Reynolds has had boot problems and this is kind of scarey he has not skated. He was fifth at worlds so one wonders if he is in any competitive shape. But right now wouldn't he be Canada's no.2 guy still considering how weak the next skaters are??? I wouldn't say Reynolds was best bet for third but second. Third is wide open. Jeremy Ten has not show he has a consistent triple axel and really stopped improving. Elijah has not lived up to his hype with jumps or artistry. It looks like even if Reynolds did poorly he would still get third as Canada's men are lacking in the talent area after Chan with Reynolds now a huge question mark. Remember he has to get past three japanese men, Javier and Patrick and this assumes he can beat the Chinese, French and a Russian. I would reuse last year's programs under the circumstances.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think Reynolds will probably get 2nd no matter what. The battle for third will be between Rogozine, Balde, Ten, and maybe Firus.

coppertop1

On the Ice
I didn't know Reynolds was having boot problems,. I googled the 2013-14 Grand Prix Series and he wasn't in any competitions. Not a good sign. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end, especially after his fifth place at Worlds.

I think Patrick is the only contender for a medal in Sochi, the other two are there for the experience, safe to say (unless Sandhu surprises and wins a medal) it will be their first.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think Reynolds will probably get 2nd no matter what. The battle for third will be between Rogozine, Balde, Ten, and maybe Firus.

It'll probably be Rogozine or Balde. I would prefer for Balde (entertaining) or Firus (lovely skating) to be the 3rd pick. Either way, I fully expect Reynolds to come 2nd.

nadster

Final Flight
I don't think that Rogozine will be 3rd. He has had a horrible season and lost to Sadovsky and Nam in the Central Ontario Sectionals finishing only 4th there. He landed only one clean triple in the free skate in Octoberfest in Barrie as well. He has not skated well in any of his competitions ( local or international ) this year.

As well Rogozine more often than not bombs at nationals.

Will be interesting to see if Krall can improve Firus's jumps. She seems to have a positive effect on Lacoste so far ( the flip is much improved and the other toe jumps while still iffy she at least goes for them now )

Personally I think the third spot will go to Ten or Balde. I think Firus lost too much time in the summer due to injury. I do think that Krall could make him a factor next year.

coppertop1

On the Ice
Question: Do the top two get a bye? I didn't see Patrick's name on there, or Kevin's. Hopefully, Kevin will get his boot issues sorted for nationals and be in competition shape.

nadster

Final Flight
Question: Do the top two get a bye? I didn't see Patrick's name on there, or Kevin's. Hopefully, Kevin will get his boot issues sorted for nationals and be in competition shape.

The top 3 at the last senior nationals, anyone with a senior GP assignment and anyone who made the JGPF get a bye to nationals.

So Chan, Reynolds , Rogozine and Balde all have byes to nationals. Rogozine has chosen to compete at the challenge but there is no risk of him losing his bye. So there are 14 spots to be filled for nationals since nationals will always have exactly 18 entries.