Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TEB Organisers: Could Do Better

I think a lot of the issues have to do with the state of Bercy arena, and hopefully the renovation will lead to considerable improvements.

As for the seating, the first time I went I asked a local and was told that I'd be better off in category 1 seats than gold ones in upper part of that section, so I just followed that advice later on.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    The Customer Is Always Right is still in full effect in Australia and it is the most EVIL horrible thing ever invented! I am quite sure its sole purpose is to legitimise the abuse of retail staff! The language I have been forced to endure because The Customer Is Always Right...that mantra means that all retail staff have to develop a super-thick hide...because you can guarantee they'll be abused AT LEAST once a week, and 9 times out of 10 it'll be for something that is the customer's fault and the poor staff member had no control over.
    I agree to some extent, since not every customer complaint and behavior is really appropriate, and the "customer is always right" approach sometimes leads to a sense of entitlement and outright abusive behavior towards staff. In addition to being rude, this can also make make for miserable employees and high employee turnover that ultimately results in poorer service for everyone. A better approach, to my way of thinking, is just to value customers and make an effort to treat them with respect but not as though they are always right.

Custom Title
    I've never bought gold tickets at TEB because someone told me that you could see better from the Category 1 tickets and they were cheaper. Then I discovered they were totally right.

About being able to watch the ladies practice on Saturday, I think it was just a timing issue, because normally, you get to the arena on Saturday and there's nobody on the ice.

I wonder what's going to happen to TEB next year while Bercy is closed

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Nice perhaps? If you can hold Worlds there twice, you can surely hold TEB.

And they held Worlds in 1971 in Lyon.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-21-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post

I wonder what's going to happen to TEB next year while Bercy is closed
    Though I probably won't attend it, I've been told that TEB will still be held in Bercy. And indeed, on their website, it is stated that the venue will be open between october and december 2014. I don't know why they're adding so many seats. What will the people sitting on the last rows see?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Nice perhaps? If you can hold Worlds there twice, you can surely hold TEB.

And they held Worlds in 1971 in Lyon.
    Oh I didn't know that!
    The 1999-2000 GPF was also held in Lyon. Love that city btw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2