Alissa Czisny Withdraws Sectional Championships | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny Withdraws Sectional Championships

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
and it's over. It always sucks to see a skater end their career not on their terms but due to injury.

The USFSA should allow her a spot in the exhibition at Nationals.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She finally accepted that her body could no no longer do what she needed it to do to fulfill her goals. That is sad, but it is better that she not risk an even worse injury.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad. I hope Alissa takes the time to heal and comes back for show skating--or competition if she is up to it. She is a beautiful skater. It is skating's loss.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
That's a shame, but not unexpected. Thanks for the roller coaster ride Alissa. It was the best of times and the worst of times. Good luck in your future endeavors.

MasterB

Final Flight
Alissa,

I will miss your beautiful presence on the ice. Good Luck in all that you choose to do.....

macy

Record Breaker
And her career goes out the same way as amber's. So unfortunate. She is my inspiration. She is the definition of a champion- one who never gave up no matter the circumstances, or how hard it got, or how many people doubted her. Ill always remember how everyone thought she was done after the 2009-2010 season and she came back and had her best season ever and still fought through the next despite her injury. The most beautiful spins in the world. I will miss her dearly.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
An end of an era. Lovely skater with a heart of gold. I will miss her. Good luck Alissa!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My best wishes to Alissa. May she heal completely, skate in shows, and return to competition if that is still her goal.

MaureenKB

Rinkside
Sorry to hear this. I know how much she wanted to skate this season. Such a lovely skater. Wishing her all the best.

Alissa has given skating something unparalleled. With few exceptions, the beauty and quality of her spins are beyond those of almost any other skater who ever existed. I hope she will be able to skate on as a pro.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Sad news but I have so much respect for her making such a difficult decision. She is truly a treasure. Beautiful skater and beautiful person. Wishing her luck in her future.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
My best wishes to Alissa. May she heal completely, skate in shows, and return to competition if that is still her goal.

Sad. I wish she could have had her swan song at nationals and let her fans say goodbye.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Sad to hear but glad she's taking care of herself.

One of the most elegant skaters to come out of the US, and the only Grand Prix Final winner from the US in the past 10 years. :agree: