Alissa Czisny Withdraws Sectional Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny Withdraws Sectional Championships

russell30

Final Flight
Alissa one of the most elegant and artistic skaters ever to perform, wish you a speedy recovery Alissa, follow your heart - you never know!! But best in all you do

Did you all know that there is an endowed scholarship in Alissa’s name at Bowling Green University? The Alissa Czisny Entrepreneur Scholarship benefits undergraduate business students at the university and is underwritten by the Pioneer Fund to the tune of $500,000.

Oreo

On the Ice
Ditto to every post here. It's inspirational that she tried everything she could to be back out there. I admire her very much.

amc987

On the Ice
Devastating. I'm sorry her body didn't give her the opportunity to go out on a higher note than her 2012 Worlds performances. I will miss watching her beautiful skating.

jaylee

Medalist
Best wishes to Alissa for a complete recovery, and best of luck to her in all that she does.

gottadance

On the Ice
perhaps its best this way - it would have been awful to see her struggle and miss jumps etc at Nationals . With her gentle spirit and pure soul I think she would be wonderful working with younger skaters and , who knows, maybe that will end up being her biggest success of all . I am reminded of that old adage " when one door closes , another opens ".
I heartily endorse the suggestion made in one of these posts that the USFSA invite her to do an exhibition at the Gala at the Nationals.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a sad way to end her competitive career. I hope she gets many opportunities to shine in professional shows. A lovely skater & sweet person!

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thank you Alissa for some beautiful skating, I wish you only the best in the future.

meem

On the Ice
I must admit that in a way I'm relieved as I've been concerned, for some time, that Alissa might eventually permanently injure herself. She has been IMO *the* most elegant skater (I think her Sabrina LP was the best--evah!!!) Maybe she could do some commentary during the Olympics & in the future - she's articulate, she's a two time US champ. She's got a lot to offer TV and her sport.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This is kind of sad and Alissa I know had dreams and hopes of an Olympic performance. I hope she can go on with life with her head held high. I wish her nothing but the best but this was hardly surprising -one could sense it wasn't going to happen; she needed more time and maybe the surgery/injury was competitive ending. She sort of reminds me of another skater who stil has the dream and we are all waiting for the call that he will not skate at Nationals. However the unspoken one has one thing Alissa doesn't have a guaranteed spot to Nationals. I wonder what would happen if he had to qualify - of course he still needs to get the minimum score to compete at Olympics. Sometimes it is hard to say goodbye and let things be - as long as no one gets hurt so to speak I guess that is fine but usually there are consequences - financial, holding off on school, holdingoff on buying things, taking the limelight away from others, sometimes instead of leaving on a high you kind of leave on a downer. It is like the fading actor or actress befoe they finally realize they no longer are the ingenuee or lead but become a character actor or worse simply unwanted. Life is kind of sad that way on to the next superstar - fickle are we :( Go Alissa and be happy :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I feel the same way. Before I heard the news today, I had pulled out my DVD of the 2010 GP final to watch her and the other top five ladies this evening....I would love to see her do an exhibition of singles ice dance, for she does put the "art" in artistry.
I wish her love and happiness and will always remember talking to her and her mom and watching her do her stretches in front of the fire place at the World Arena in Colorado Springs. Above all, she is a person who is a class act. You want her to just be happy.
I must admit that in a way I'm relieved as I've been concerned, for some time, that Alissa might eventually permanently injure herself. She has been IMO *the* most elegant skater (I think her Sabrina LP was the best--evah!!!) Maybe she could do some commentary during the Olympics & in the future - she's articulate, she's a two time US champ. She's got a lot to offer TV and her sport.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
So heartbreaking for her. :( Her skating in the competitive world will be missed. Her winter to spring free program from 2010/2011 is one of my favorite programs of all time. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. I wish her all the best.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well she didn't say she was necessarily ending her competitive career but it was hinted as she mentioned shows. I think we all know or feel it is over - time to move on to the the next chapter (deep down I think we all know that - despite the notion she should do what she wants). It is sad but I also think it gives her clarity in her life. I know we have one notion go for it, no regrets but what if we pursued this one dream and in the mean time missed another opportunity because we were chasing the wrong "dream". It isn't so easy to say just do it. fortunately at least with Alissa she has her education.

Icey

Record Breaker
What was the straw that broke the camel's back? How far along the road had she gotten? Since the olympic dream was the reason she continued, I doubt she would even think of continuing to compete.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
It is such a shame that she started out with terrible jumping technique. Not one jump was solid, she was liable to go down on anything and sometimes she did. I think her overall skating would have improved as well if she had a solid technique so she wouldn't have been so scared tentatively stalking every jump.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is such a shame that she started out with terrible jumping technique. Not one jump was solid, she was liable to go down on anything and sometimes she did. I think her overall skating would have improved as well if she had a solid technique so she wouldn't have been so scared tentatively stalking every jump.

But even solid jump technique can only get you so far if you are a nervous skater. You only had to watch Alissa's face when she competed to see how scared at times she was. Look at Gracie she has good technique and usually can do 3-3's in her sleep but when it comes time to compete she doesn't land the jumps.