Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Gracie changing SP music?

Gracie changing SP music?

TSL on their post on facebook about Alissa's withdrawl from Sectionals ended with this:

Quote Originally Posted by TSL
    On a brighter note, we were delighted to hear that Gershwin's Three Preludes is going to be a thing of the past for our ears come Nationals.
    So... does this mean she's changing her SP or??

Custom Title
    Haha you beat me to this thread!
    They confirmed in a comment, when asked, that she is in fact changing the music

Custom Title
    I hope so. It is really difficult to pull off a program like that successfully. I can't even think of a skater who could make something of that music. Maybe Kristina Czako?

Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    Haha you beat me to this thread!
    They confirmed in a comment, when asked, that she is in fact changing the music
    yeah they answered faster than I thought they would.

Custom Title
    Yayyyyyyyyyyy! Glad to hear that.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Wow. That was already her second SP of the season. At this point i don't see how more changes could be helpful, she should be working on clean programs, not new choreography.

Darn! I was just starting to like it.

skating philosopher
    I wouldn't be surprised if they had started working on the program well before now but it just wasn't ready for NHK.

Custom Title
    Kudos to trying different music, but it really wasn't working for her. Glad she's actually listening to what seems to be the overwhelming reaction to her SP.

Custom Title
    Gracie said in an interview right after NHK that they are planning to do some changes to her programmes with Frank. But to have a whole new SP.. wow. So now we have both Gracie and Courtney with new SPs. Courtney will skate hers for the first time in Graz, Austria this week.

Custom Title
    Hmm. I didn't necessarily LIKE the music for her SP, but it did sort of suit her. She's skated the SP very well.

She's botched the FS in both GPs and that music suits her not at all. I would rather she had a new FS and leave the SP alone.

Custom Title
    I haven't known Frank to like that dissonant type music for skating programs, so he might have played a role in convincing her to drop it. Even Michelle's programs that were slightly out of mainstream (Beatles, Three Oranges) were short lived.

Custom Title
    Yeah, for sure he played a big role in this!

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I haven't known Frank to like that dissonant type music for skating programs, so he might have played a role in convincing her to drop it. Even Michelle's programs that were slightly out of mainstream (Beatles, Three Oranges) were short lived.

I liked it-skated very well, was fast, difficult, edgey, costume matched. I hate her LP.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I hope so. It is really difficult to pull off a program like that successfully. I can't even think of a skater who could make something of that music. Maybe Kristina Czako?
    For some reason, I can imagine Oksana Baiul in her prime being able to do it. Maybe Kurt Browning, too.

I don't know, it was starting to grow on me, actually. And regardless of what people were saying about it, she was getting decent PCS scores with it. I don't see how putting together a whole new SP is a good move at this point.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast