More for Mathman | Golden Skate

More for Mathman

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Couldn't make it to Mica Peak to shoot today, so I thought I would just take some pics of Mica from my property line, with a point and shoot telephoto, 23 miles line of sight away...

Thanks, Chris! Spectacular view.

Is that natural grass in the foreground or a crop? I think you have to be from Spokane to appreciate the variety of natural grass about town. My brother and sister-in-law had a house in a ritzy neighborhood on the South Hill. They bought the lot next to them and the two behind and let it grow with only grasses and native plants. Had a bunch of small animals, plus some pheasants move in. A hawk made her weekly rounds. I don't know what the neighbors thought.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
My wife the plant ecologist says it is an introduced grass...be we have many native wild flowers and grasses on our property and I spend many hours every summer fighting noxious and obnoxious weeds....but its fun to watch the native wildflowers come up when its their turn....my favorite are the mariposa Lillies but the bitterroot is nice as is the balsam root..
It will be some time before the surface again!
At least we wont have to worry about the fire danger either!!!

Is that natural grass in the foreground or a crop? I think you have to be from Spokane to appreciate the variety of natural grass about town. My brother and sister

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK Mathman, you have inspired me! Here is my album of wildflowers of Eastern Wa as found on my property....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/library/Wildflowers?sort=3&page=1

I should probably pose my favorites...

Is that natural grass in the foreground or a crop? I think you have to be from Spokane to appreciate the variety of natural grass about town. My brother and sister-in-law had a house in a ritzy neighborhood on the South Hill. They bought the lot next to them and the two behind and let it grow with only grasses and native plants. Had a bunch of small animals, plus some pheasants move in. A hawk made her weekly rounds. I don't know what the neighbors thought.