Ladies SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
So Julia is age eligible for Sochi right?

She is eligible. With her scores jumping that much from competition to competition, she'll probably beat out Yu-Na and Mao too. At this rate she'll score around 74-76 in the SP next time...:rolleye:

Ridiculous...

elif

Medalist
I remember there was a cry about Rochette getting same PCS as Kim too. :laugh: Kim got 61 at the Skate America 2009 and Rochette got 62 at Skate Canada 2009 so :laugh:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Her pcs was boosted for her consistency and amazing tech..It's not 32, but still..It's NOT 28 either

Excidra2001

On the Ice
I preferred Julia to Kostner here. Just because Kostner is a seasoned skater doesn't mean the quality of her elements are above an upstart like Julia. Whether you like it or not, the Russians' are a breath of fresh air in a ladies competition that's been consistently dominated by one female skater. Bring on Yuna, bring on Mao, because the Russians here whether one likes it or not.

Let the excitement begin.

ks777

Record Breaker
I just watched Mirai's SP.. who is that Eurosport guy? Mirai did not compete in Torino Olympics and she is not on the Japanese national team.. That's why I never enjoyed Eurosports commentating because they don't seem to know anything.

elif

Medalist
I love Julia's programs so I don't have problems with PCS. Its not like her programs are empty like Plusenko or she have skating skills like Flatt or Zhang.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Fantastic skate by Julia and Kostner!!!

Yes, Julia was certainly over scored on her PCS. To put her in the same ballpark as Kim and Asada when it's painfully obvious that she lacks their SS and speed and finesse is a bit outrageous. Let's bear in mind that her PCS at SC was 28.94 for a perfect SP and I don't really see how she has changed her skating and choreo to merit 32.61.

That being said, I'm very glad she was ahead of Kostner. The SP is the technical program and its nice to see the technically superior skate be placed ahead of a clean skate from a favourite. I just think the gap between her and Kostner shouldn't be so ridiculously high.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just watched Mirai's SP.. who is that Eurosport guy? Mirai did not compete in Torino Olympics and she is not on the Japanese national team.. That's why I never enjoyed Eurosports commentating because they don't seem to know anything.

He misspoke. It happens. Wasn't Worlds in Torino that year?

Excidra2001

On the Ice
She is a threat and people are maaad:biggrin:

Right!

The outcry would be minimal if Julia was skating for a North-American country. The fact that she's Russian, and some people around here feel most Russian skaters are held up, is the problem. Julia is what ladies skating needs right now, someone who isn't afraid to be competitive, someone who has the mental toughness and technical difficulty to the compete against the top two ladies. WTG Julia!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I love Julia's programs so I don't have problems with PCS. Its not like her programs are empty like Plusenko or she have skating skills like Flatt or Zhang.

It's amazing because lacking skating skills can translate to 8s.

Last edited by a moderator:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, this sad case is getting more likely to be a OGmedalist at the Olympics now. And turn off casual skating viewer forever. I mean, look at this girl, this is your OGMist doodling hearts and stars on ice, and then some yoga time, and then some tiny jumps, and BANG, OMG.

I think casual fans are going to love her. She is skating's version of Nadia Comaneci. Casual fans don't know about things like tiny jumps and many don't even watch the short program. Her Schindler's List program in that red coat is going to make a big impression.