Ladies SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Strange how so many people have issues with 1-2 points of PCS home advantage when Mao Asada got forgiven downgrades and whatnot. The home advantage will happen. This wasn't bad at all, maybe 2 points if something.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
In my humble opinion, where is the JUMP in that JUMP? I like big jumps with nice revolutions, which is why I appreciated young Yu-Na and Mao. They really lifted into the air.

The Russian babies are good but I would love to see them develop more explosive jumping technique. At the moment it's all about quick revolutions but in my layman's understanding of figure skating, quick revolutions doesn't necessarily make for excellent jumping technique. When I see Yu-Na jump I feel like she just floats in the air and then settles.

bluesky85

On the Ice
In my humble opinion, where is the JUMP in that JUMP? I like big jumps with nice revolutions, which is why I appreciated young Yu-Na and Mao. They really lifted into the air.

The Russian babies are good but I would love to see them develop more explosive jumping technique. At the moment it's all about quick revolutions but in my layman's understanding of figure skating, quick revolutions doesn't necessarily make for excellent jumping technique. When I see Yu-Na jump I feel like she just floats in the air and then settles.

I think Russian babies don't have big jumps because they are still young... They might get bigger as they grow taller... we don't know yet until they are more mature... maybe it will take another year or two before we can fully know their quality of jumps.

oleada

Record Breaker
I

Sotnikova & Pogorilaya actually have very big jumps. Were you watching last week? Pogo's 3Lz+3T was enormous, and Adelina's 2A+3T was stunning.

bluesky85

On the Ice
Strange how so many people have issues with 1-2 points of PCS home advantage when Mao Asada got forgiven downgrades and whatnot. The home advantage will happen. This wasn't bad at all, maybe 2 points if something.

You are right... but that small points can potentially make a difference and that might be why some people are upset, although the placement was fair at this competition. We will see after FS how the scores are...

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
The judging in this event sucked.

Russians had way to much home advantage.

Kostner should have had higher GOE on her elements and much higher components. She had higher technical than components which is unusual for her. Shows how low her components were

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think Russian babies don't have big jumps because they are still young... They might get bigger as they grow taller... we don't know yet until they are more mature... maybe it will take another year or two before we can fully know their quality of jumps.

Sotnikova has huge jumps but with bad technique
Pogorilaya has huge jumps her 3Lo and 3Lz-3T gets huge distance like Yuna's

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The judging in this event sucked.

Russians had way to much home advantage.

Kostner should have had higher GOE on her elements and much higher components. She had higher technical than components which is unusual for her. Shows how low her components were

your saying Kostner should have higher in TES too ?
your on crack ? :unsure:

Moment

Final Flight

A lot of people did have problems with Mao given full credit for her URed jumps too

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
You'll learn pretty quick that you can't be rude and expect to stay around very long at Goldenskate.

Are you sure about that? There are a few examples to prove the opposite. :biggrin:

Back to topic: As good as Julia's spins are, but I think giving her +3 GOE seven times on that last spin with lots of travelling was maybe a bit much, apart from the PCS issue.

mateusp1

On the Ice

I thought Carolina was underscored in her 3Lo, Step Sequence and Layback Spin(I am talking about TES).

I agree with the other elements. The 3t3t was landed, but not perfect and not much flow coming out. The Camel spin was also a bit shakey.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice

Her GOE on her Loop and double axel were too low. She had a 0 on her loop. She should have received all +2's on that loop. She also had +1 on that step sequence that should have been +3