Pairs SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
S/S are playing for bronze because of their pesky 3A attemps
now Pang/Tong will likely win silver

seniorita

Record Breaker
Whenever I see Nodari I remember how waisted a talent like Iliushechkina has gone...

I so much like S/S programs this year, with fall and all they have such personality!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Mm yeah, I don't think the Axel is worth it with this sort of a success rate and it's an extremely dangerous move... I think that they should be able to get the 2 points more easily from other parts of their program.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
For the sake of S/S I hope Aliona was crying from frustration and not pain. This doesn't bode well.

gold12345

Medalist
S/S are playing for bronze because of their pesky 3A attemps
now Pang/Tong will likely win silver

P/T have their own issues with SBS jumps. I don't think we can declare medals. But the S/S 3A attempts do seem hopeless and I wish that they could find happiness in skating clean even if it doesn't necessarily result in Olympic gold. You never know when V/T might have a disaster skate. It's not likely, but S/S landing that 3A throw on a regular basis seems even less likely.

paircheck

Final Flight
P/T have their own issues with SBS jumps. I don't think we can declare medals yet. But the S/S 3A attempts do seem hopeless and I wish that they could find happiness in skating clean even if it doesn't necessarily result in Olympic gold. You never know when V/T might have a disaster skate. It's not likely, but S/S landing that 3A throw on a regular basis seems even less likely.

:agree:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
mmhhhh ... with their sbs-jumps ... never!!!

P/T clean SP easily scores above 70+
their LP Les Miserables is great program, sure they have issues with SBS with his injuries
but you saw how judges are still happy to reward them even with mistakes

atm, P/T are at par with S/S
I don't get the S/S are at par with V/T

that's like saying V/M are better than D/W
when the season speaks for itself

paircheck

Final Flight
their LP Les Miserables is great program, sure they have issues with SBS with his injuries

but S/S scores over 70 with this hard fall on the 3 A throw too.... :biggrin:

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS (By Starting Order)

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN) Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Lindsay DAVIS / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) Short Program
3. Julia ANTIPOVA / Nodari MAISURADZE (RUS)
4. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA)

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) Short Program
6. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) Short Program
7. Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) Short Program, 2nd Copy

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Weird, this girl actually has a really good voice. I wonder what this song is called.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Apart from the axel... What's the highest point value throw?(viable)

In singles & pairs, base values for jumps
4S 10.5
3A 8.5
3Lz 6.0
3F 5.3

In pairs, base value for throws
4S 8.0
3A 7.5
3Lz 5.5
3F 5.5
3Lo 5.0

So I ask you-considering that there was only one pair that landed 3ATh a reasonable number of times, should it be work 1 points less than a 3A?

For that matter, considering that very few 4STh's have been landed, should one be worth 2.5 points less?

Kudos to Castelli & Shnapir and Savchenko & Szolkowy for going for these difficult elements, but the rewards should be commensurate.

LRK

Record Breaker
In singles & pairs, base values for jumps
4S 10.5
3A 8.5
3Lz 6.0
3F 5.3

In pairs, base value for throws
4S 8.0
3A 7.5
3Lz 5.5
3F 5.5
3Lo 5.0

So I ask you-considering that there was only one pair that landed 3ATh a reasonable number of times, should it be work 1 points less than a 3A?

For that matter, considering that very few 4STh's have been landed, should one be worth 2.5 points less?

Kudos to Castelli & Shnapir and Savchenko & Szolkowy for going for these difficult elements, but the rewards should be commensurate.

I agree. I don't understand why they should be worth (relatively) so little. The greater the difficulty, the greater the reward, surely? And the rarity with which they are done speak for how difficult they must be.

By the way, which pair landed the 3ATh before?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I agree. I don't understand why they should be worth (relatively) so little. The greater the difficulty, the greater the reward, surely? And the rarity with which they are done speak for how difficult they must be.

By the way, which pair landed the 3ATh before?

I agree. A throw 3A shouldn't be worth just 2 points more than a throw 3Z.

tulosai

Record Breaker

Or like saying S/K are Russia's number 2 pair and B/L are their number 3 when... oh wait!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
the fall looked bad, slight pain or injury ?

attempting failed 3A is self crucifixion
P/T will cruise through that silver medal

What are you talking about? Both of P/T's SP scores this year would have been less than this SP score from S/S. Even with errors, they handily beat P/T at Cup of China.

Although that 3A should have been <<, if not at least <. Surprising gift to them, considering it's in Russia. While ditching the 3A seems like a good idea, as long as she doesn't fall it still garners about as much as a throw 3S, and if it's a slight error like at worlds with -1's it gets more than a 3S or 3L. However in their SP they should probably have a throw 3F to secure at least a winning position (even if they'd need a 3A to have any chance to beat V/T).