Men SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw, Josh WD? I was looking forward to see him! Well I hope he has a speedy recovery and comes back strong for nationals.

I enjoyed Misha. I appreciate the passion he shows in his program.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think the day.to stream is a bit behind since the isu results say Liebers has already been scored and they're still showing the slow-mo.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
The second clean SP in a row (if we forget that stupid steps fall) for Kovtun!! :eek: Two quads :clap:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Kovtun is finally showing what all the fuss is about. The spins need work (that first one traveled so much it needed a visa), but the rest is quite good. Lots of potential.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has it really been that long since a good Russian man has come along to get that kind of response? You would have thought it was the second coming of Yagudin. Maxim is all jumps and not much else. Bad posture and not much feeling for the music.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Haven't seen the performance, but Maxim PCS marks are a bit much :think:

He got 36+ just two weeks ago in COC.

However i am not surprised.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
That fall by Artur was strange. The British Eurosport commentators are saying Plushenko wouldn't have beat Kovtun's skate. I'm not so sure.. maybe not current Plushenko..

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My ice network feed must be behind....it's still in the warm-up group...

ETA: NM. Artur was in the first group.

wallylutz

Medalist
Haven't seen the performance, but Maxim PCS marks are a bit much :think:

He got 36+ just two weeks ago in COC.

However i am not surprised.

Kovtun skated very well with two Quads in his SP. Try to think of PCS as a 2nd Technical score as opposed to the "Artistic Impression" score, therefore, it can move between different competitions.

I feel his PCS score is a little high but justifiable.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure I'll have something to nitpick about Kovtuns TES too - his jumps don't have that much quality, and his spins and steps are hardly above average. His PCS are too high anyway. But really, it's impressive he pulls out this content again! Should be really proud with himself... but then I guess he is :biggrin:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh my not looking good for Ricky. He won't make the Olympic team at his Nationals with a skate like that.