Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 91 to 98 of 98

Thread: Men SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

  1. #91
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    904
    I really love Machida's program--it's really beautiful!!

  2. #92
    Custom Title EricRohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    206
    Can Kovtun go to the GPF if he wins here?

  3. #93
    ~high art~
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by EricRohmer View Post
    Can Kovtun go to the GPF if he wins here?
    Most definitely. He can go if he's second or higher.

  4. #94
    Custom Title EricRohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    Most definitely. He can go if he's second or higher.
    Oh.
    Thanks.

  5. #95
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    452
    Ok tun skated really beautifully! Such committment to the character and the music. Well deserved win!

  6. #96
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    I dread this onslaught of quads. I fear it will be the final death knell for great artistry in skating.
    If you want to see artistry on ice than you should watch shows like Stars on ice or something, NOT competitions, because in sport it's mostly about achievements and challenge and only THEN adding a cherry on the top. Those who manage to demonstrate excellency in both, win.

    And honestly, I'm every time for 4+3 and quads in men, difficult 3+3, 3A in women. They fascinate me more than super edges.

    And Kovtun was great! He showed both brilliant TES and he sold the program very well, it suits him. LP will be tough for him, he ususally gets tired(((

  7. #97
    Custom Title spikydurian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by chiocciola View Post
    because in sport it's mostly about achievements and challenge and only THEN adding a cherry on the top. Those who manage to demonstrate excellency in both, win.
    And honestly, I'm every time for 4+3 and quads in men, difficult 3+3, 3A in women. They fascinate me more than super edges.
    Edges are important because this is a figure skating competition not figure jumping. Skating is all about the relationship between the blade and ice. And yes, this I agree - usually, the skaters who possess both edges, speed, jumps and spins are more likely to be above the rest of the pack.

  8. #98
    Custom Title Kitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    505
    Kovtun was superb - 2 quads + artistry. Loved his toepick flamenco action. Did I read somewhere he worked with Lambiel last summer on this?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •