Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Men SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

Custom Title
    I really love Machida's program--it's really beautiful!!

Can Kovtun go to the GPF if he wins here?

~high art~
    Quote Originally Posted by EricRohmer View Post
    Can Kovtun go to the GPF if he wins here?
    Most definitely. He can go if he's second or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    Most definitely. He can go if he's second or higher.
    Oh.
    Thanks.

Custom Title
    Ok tun skated really beautifully! Such committment to the character and the music. Well deserved win!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    I dread this onslaught of quads. I fear it will be the final death knell for great artistry in skating.
    If you want to see artistry on ice than you should watch shows like Stars on ice or something, NOT competitions, because in sport it's mostly about achievements and challenge and only THEN adding a cherry on the top. Those who manage to demonstrate excellency in both, win.

And honestly, I'm every time for 4+3 and quads in men, difficult 3+3, 3A in women. They fascinate me more than super edges.

And Kovtun was great! He showed both brilliant TES and he sold the program very well, it suits him. LP will be tough for him, he ususally gets tired(((

Quote Originally Posted by chiocciola View Post
    because in sport it's mostly about achievements and challenge and only THEN adding a cherry on the top. Those who manage to demonstrate excellency in both, win.
    And honestly, I'm every time for 4+3 and quads in men, difficult 3+3, 3A in women. They fascinate me more than super edges.
    Edges are important because this is a figure skating competition not figure jumping. Skating is all about the relationship between the blade and ice. And yes, this I agree - usually, the skaters who possess both edges, speed, jumps and spins are more likely to be above the rest of the pack.

Kovtun was superb - 2 quads + artistry. Loved his toepick flamenco action. Did I read somewhere he worked with Lambiel last summer on this?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7