Ice Dance SD - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance SD - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Rough skate for the French couple, to bad. I like their SD a lot.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lot of pictures of refs talking on headsets
44.49, with a deduction included. Last week over 58?

elif

Medalist
Maybe technical panel is much more strict than other GPs. Even M/K get more TES at TEB. (2 points)

herios

Medalist
Cizeron is talented but too wild. He made big mistakes. He has to cool off and be more settled and work on refining his dance.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't quite get the hype of P/C. I like the FD but this SD has never impressed me. I still see Carron/Jones as a definite #2 in France.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Riazanova & Tkachenko
Chicago soundtrack

Twizzles-he's weak on the 2nd set of 3
straight line step - at least 2 visible errors
which I can see because they are slow ;)
Finnstep to Charleston :rolleye:
OK, but at least one error Shpilband in the KnC
nice rotational lift on his shoulder

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
I'm still a bit perplexed as to how we ended up with so many cabaret/Charleston/swing themed programs from the Quickstep. Seems everyone had the idea to go away from ballroom to be different, yet all ended up the same.

caitie

Medalist
I'm still a bit perplexed as to how we ended up with so many cabaret/Charleston/swing themed programs from the Quickstep. Seems everyone had the idea to go away from ballroom to be different, yet all ended up the same.

I was just thinking the same thing, lol. It's odd considering I think the ISU asked for a "ballroom feel" to the SD, but oh well.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Chock and Bates are behind R/T?! What happened?

ETA: Well, yes I can see they got 25 :cry: in TES, but I mean....how?

Looks like C/B had the misfortune if being part of two events with STRICT callers, which makes it tough to compare them to the other contenders for the U.S. Olympic team.

The Shibutanis had one strict/one loose caller and their scores was higher at NHK, which was the more strict event, so I suppose it's safe to say they have the highest SD score aside from Meryl and Charlie.

Hubbell/Donohue had two easy panels in both events....so that comparison is a bit tricky.

caitie

Medalist
Yeah, it's unfortunate for C/B. Also unfortunate for C/B is their FD, *grumblegrumble*.

Really nice skate from W/P, but again with the lowish scores. It will be super interesting to see B/S's scores next.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, TES scores are super low. Not a single team so far has hit 30.

Ugh Ice Dance....with the wide range of technical callers at these events, there's just no way to tell how the teams stack up.