Thread: Practice Videos Cup of Russia 2013

Thanks for the posts. sky_fly.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYbJFONe8AQ

B/S They added bird sounds and barking and the music remains...

Thanks to all for the practice videos and beautiful photos! I am looking forward to this competition.
    I have a feeling it will be a good one given the talented skaters competing in all 4 disciplines.

Custom Title
    It looks like B and S have done some work on 4 seasons. Javier looks much better here BUT on the negative I noticed his quality of skating including edging is not as strong as dai or in particular Chan's. Moreover, this kind of free skate which relies on his charm which he does have in spades is not of the same quality of Kurt Browning's Casablanca. I find his skating very charming but the quality isn't what I thought it once was perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYbJFONe8AQ

B/S They added bird sounds and barking and the music remains...
    Their heads and arms are moving so frantically that they make it almost impossible for me to appreciate the beauty of their skating... And I still see shadows of Ekaterina's terrible posture here and there

Custom Title
    I think Bobrova changed her hair style. I like it. Also straight line lift made sense now. I don't know why they are not using close dance holds at steps or as transitions. They look comfortable enough at the SD.

Custom Title
    Completely agree regarding Javier. He is not in the same league as Chan, Takahashi or Hanyu as far as PCS are concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    It looks like B and S have done some work on 4 seasons. Javier looks much better here BUT on the negative I noticed his quality of skating including edging is not as strong as dai or in particular Chan's. Moreover, this kind of free skate which relies on his charm which he does have in spades is not of the same quality of Kurt Browning's Casablanca. I find his skating very charming but the quality isn't what I thought it once was perhaps.

Custom Title
    I just saw Agnes for the US. Could not find Mirai.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Their heads and arms are moving so frantically that they make it almost impossible for me to appreciate the beauty of their skating... And I still see shadows of Ekaterina's terrible posture here and there
    Shadows? It's not just shadows, it's all there in the daylight. What this team is doing among world's top ice dancers with that posture and frantic arm movements is beyond my comprehension. I hope they fall to Russia #2 this season. Elena and Nikita at least have strong SS and beautiful lines.