Thread: Are B/S the Rus No.1 ?

Hybrid View

Banned

Are B/S the Rus No.1 ?

Ice Dancing has always been political, watching the blatant SD at the recent CoR
    it is clear they are still pushing for B/S

but are they worth it ? Russian Fed is making a big mistake continuing investing in B/S they might realise it will come back to bite them
    B/S have mediocre programs with backwards costumes, I/K maybe inconsistent but if they can get mileage this season their programs are Olympic Bronze medal or even Olympic Silver medal worthy if V/M falter.

cant say the same for B/S who will probably finish 5th in Olympics at best
    why waste when they can have this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBDWI0SnbLA, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oeImGkAij0

Custom Title
    They are because they are Russian champions and got COR and then got a huge score there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    They are because they are Russian champions and got COR and then got a huge score there.
    68 is not a huge score. Capellini/Lanotte, Weaver/Poje, Ilıinkh/Katsalapov and Pechalat/Bourzat already passed that score.

I like I/K more than B/S this year. I think they should be No 1.

Custom Title
    B/S have the world medal and are thus the logical choice for the Russians to push to bronze, even though I prefer I/K. You would almost think in Sochi that W/P and P/B and C/L will all be pushed to 5th and lower.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    B/S have the world medal and are thus the logical choice for the Russians to push to bronze, even though I prefer I/K. You would almost think in Sochi that W/P and P/B and C/L will all be pushed to 5th and lower.
    I hope not B/S programs this season do not deserve an Olympic medal, if they were smart they should be pushing for I/K who could even content for silver
    besides the TC here was Piseev's wife totally a different Tech Panel by Olympics and none from the Top 5 countries that placed

Custom Title
    If D/S could win an Olympic bronze with their ridiculous programs in Vancouver, I can totally picture B/S edging out other teams for bronze.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I hope not B/S programs this season do not deserve an Olympic medal, if they were smart they should be pushing for I/K who could even content for silver
    besides the TC here was Piseev's wife totally a different Tech Panel by Olympics and none from the Top 5 countries that placed
    Alla S. (Piseev's wife) was not the Tech Controller (Alpern - ISR was the TC), Alla was the Referee at the Russian GP and she definitely could be a Referee or judge on the Olympic panel. She just can't be on the tech panel in Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    68 is not a huge score. Capellini/Lanotte, Weaver/Poje, Ilıinkh/Katsalapov and Pechalat/Bourzat already passed that score.

I like I/K more than B/S this year. I think they should be No 1.
    Huge in the context of COR. they were given a huge insurmountable lead because they are the insurmountable Russia number ones!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Huge in the context of COR. they were given a huge insurmountable lead because they are the insurmountable Russia number ones!
    through politicking of course

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    through politicking of course
    Of course through politicking. Numerous CoR scores for the Russians have been achieved through politicking. Anywhere outside of Russia, Kovtun/Lipnitskaia/Gachinski/Menshov/Tuk and B/S wouldn't have received such high PCS scores.

(*cue your inevitable mentioning of Osmond* )