Thread: Mao88 - "the SOURCE" for Figure Skating on YouTube

Custom Title

Mao88 - "the SOURCE" for Figure Skating on YouTube

I join the chorus of "board members" who express our admiration and appreciation to Mao88 for posting such well organized and timely links from competitions.

My SUGGESTION would be … Mao88 - please start a WEBSITE or BLOG with links to events over time. It would be a simply AWESOME reference going forward. The virtual SOURCE for figure skating on YouTube.

Could start with simple copy and paste of the key link postings from the Grand Prixs and work forward.

Regardless - Thank you Mao88!

Custom Title
    Searched for the Mao88 on youtube... can't seem to find it. Is it just me?

I've been using 'Frida340' for competition coverage. English Eurosport commentary, and fast uploads.

Although, was caught a little off guard when after Nagasu's SP, the commentator goes on complimenting her strong showing, thinking that she's from Japan.

Come on now. We know she's Asian... but she's been around for quite a while...

Mao88 is a member here and compiles the links at each competition, you can see their work in all of the competition forums. Mao88 is awesome!

Custom Title
    Got it thanks :P

Was it that obvious that I'm a newb on the site?

Oh well...

Custom Title
    YouTube channels that upload competition videos:

Frida340

Brau Avitia

GutsuFan

penpitstopsskatingvideos

Hitadely Hitadely

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    I join the chorus of "board members" who express our admiration and appreciation to Mao88 for posting such well organized and timely links from competitions.

My SUGGESTION would be … Mao88 - please start a WEBSITE or BLOG with links to events over time. It would be a simply AWESOME reference going forward. The virtual SOURCE for figure skating on YouTube.

Could start with simple copy and paste of the key link postings from the Grand Prixs and work forward.

I know that your suggestion is intended as a compliment to the value of Mao's efforts.

But ... I for one think Mao already does more than enough to spoon-feed us.

The previous video posts are readily available in the GS archives to anyone who wants to return to them. It's not that hard, people.

We are very fortunate that Mao already takes on so much heavy lifting for us.

A zillion THANKS, Mao88.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnstep View Post

Frida340

Brau Avitia

GutsuFan

penpitstopsskatingvideos

Hitadely Hitadely
    Thanks for the links.

Custom Title
    Yes thanks Mao88! you make everything here much simpler when I need to find videos

♥ My Mirai's Golden Pond ♥ Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Mao88 ROCKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnstep View Post

Frida340

Brau Avitia

GutsuFan

penpitstopsskatingvideos

Hitadely Hitadely

Thanks for the links Finnstep! I was finally able to watch the Ladie's Rostelecome LP Warm-Up Group 2 (with Mirai). I love watching the warm ups just before the competitions!

Welcome, elee63. Thanks for joining us!

Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post

I agree with golden411. Mao88 already does enough of this for free, but maybe you be the one to make and maintain the website/blog? That way it'll be something like a partnership.