Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    This just proves that judging is crap. So what she is the first one to skate? She skated very, very well.
    Anyway, Nicol was lovely but nowhere near Kanako, but I am sure she is going to beat her anyway
    Um.

I didn't think that Murakami was all that good. Are you sure you're looking at this objectively? Gosviani also lost to Murakami.

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Um.

I didn't think that Murakami was all that good. Are you sure you're looking at this objectively? Gosviani also lost to Murakami.
    Murakami landed 7 triples with no glaring errors....beautiful program too.

Custom Title
    Um.

She was not at her best, but better than Nicol and I am gladly taking back my words.
    Kanako was better than in China and yet her PCS are dropping which means she was either overscored in China or underscored here. I am comparing her skate with her previous one. I hate how PCS are used, because we all know she got only 54 here just because she skated first and it was nothing to do with the performance itself. And PCS will increase in the second group, regardless of the actual performances.
    113 for what Kanako put on the ice is way to low. I expected something around 120 at least.

Satoko is really skating well so far! Oh well...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step View Post
    Murakami landed 7 triples with no glaring errors....beautiful program too.
    I think Murakami's triples are downgraded/underotated. Her technical score is too low for 7 triple program.

such a nice program by Satoko

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN)

Music: Poeta by Vincente Amigo

3Lz+3T - small, will have to look for UR. Looked 3Lz<+3T< or <<
    CCoSp - nice change of direction
    3F
    3Lo - held on, looked UR
    2A
    2A+3T
    StSq
    2Lz - low landing, hand down
    LSp
    3S+2T+2T - maybe 3S<
    ChSq
    FSSp

Solid skate, but one big mistake and probably some UR's

Score: 55.22+53.97=109.19, 165.76, 1st out of 4

Satoko will probably overtake Kanako with that unless they hit her with URs, her jumps look much better than last year though, only UR on the 3S. Unfortunate about the lutz, really great choreographed sequence, I just wish she'd perform a little more to the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    I think Murakami's triples are downgraded/underotated. Her technical score is too low for 7 triple program.
    Both 3Ls and the 3S were probably downgraded but still, she was still very very good.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    She was not at her best, but better than Nicol and I am gladly taking back my words.
    Kanako was better than in China and yet her PCS are dropping which means she was either overscored in China or underscored here. I am comparing her skate with her previous one. I hate how PCS are used, because we all know she got only 54 here just because she skated first and it was nothing to do with the performance itself. And PCS will increase in the second group, regardless of the actual performances.
    113 for what Kanako put on the ice is way to low. I expected something around 120 at least.

Satoko is really skating well so far! Oh well...
    Well, different events have different systems, it's kind of difficult to compare between them.

CoC probably had scoring inflation because the event was so weak overall, if I had to guess. I agree that the score could have been a bit higher but I don't think it was a catastrophical injustice by any means.

Wow, I didn't expect Miyahara to get such high PCS. If she hadn't gotten all those downgrades this would have been her record.

Satoko was lovely.
    But barely higher PCS than Nikol? Seriously?

Custom Title
    Good luck to all the ladies in the second group, especially to Carolina, to hold it together

Satoko and Kanako were both slaughtered in PCS.... both around a good 5 points lower in PCS than they deserve. Go Liza and Carolina! (Please dump that long program....)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    Satoko was lovely.
    I know. She is beautiful and very mature for her age, but her PCS is only 1 point lower than Kanako, which I find a little bit strange... I would give them 2-3 point difference in PCS... but that's just my personal opinion...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    Satoko was lovely.
    She got almost same PCS at the NHK Trophy which is a home ice for her. Also Nicol got almost same PCS at the Cup of China but I can't remember anybody crying for her score then.

Wow, I didn't expect Miyahara to get such high PCS. If she hadn't gotten all those downgrades this would have been her record.
    Those were not high PCS, especially her SS, which is better than everyone's so far but hasn't been scored as such.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast