Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well... yeah, wouldn't really complain about this when Kostner got 122 with that...

caitie

Medalist
I can't believe Caro was so close in making the GPF.

Wait, Carolina missed making the GPF? I thought she just had to place 2nd to make it in. Was her score too low?

Last edited:

kikakiks

On the Ice
190.80, Julia
190.12, Carolina

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Intereesting choice of components by the judges to lipnitskaia....with a crap freeskate she performs better than at skate Canada....just in time to edge out Kostner by 0.7 snd go to GPF....

When skating competitions are in Russia I get Rythmic gymnastics dejavus....

I can't believe how blatantly the fix the scoring and have the presumption that it will go unnoticed...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I can't believe Caro was so close in making the GPF. And I can't believe Julia won with that crappy performance which was way, way worse than Caro's mistakes. Julia without jumps is mediocre, to say at least.
The scoring at this event is the worse I have seen in years.
Kanako should have won the LP and Mirai the gold to be honest

I can't really agree with Mirai winning gold... SP still counts and Lipnitskaia's was superb.

Why did she bomb, though? She only needed a mediocre(and as we could see, a VERY mediocre) performance for the victory, and could even have relaxed a little and made some elements easier and still cruised to victory. Home crowd too much for her?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Intereesting choice of components by the judges to lipnitskaia....with a crap freeskate she performs better than at skate Canada....just in time to edge out Kostner by 0.7 snd go to GPF....

I can't believe how blatantly the fix the scoring and have the presumption that it will go unnoticed...

Come on. With a crap FS Kostner got like 69 PCS.

andyjo24

Medalist

LOL. Around 60 for a perfect performance at SC, and near 64 for a completely flawed performance at Russia. If this isn't home scoring advantage, I don't know what is...

LRK

Record Breaker
I wonder what Julia is saying in the interview. Does anyone here know?

andyjo24

Medalist
Come on. With a crap FS Kostner got like 69 PCS.

Kostner deserves those PCS if you consider that Julia got a 64! At least Kostner has the artistry, unlike Julia whose artistry doesn't even show when she misses the jumps.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
LOL. Around 60 for a perfect performance at SC, and near 64 for a completely flawed performance at Russia. If this isn't home scoring advantage, I don't know what is...

then explain Carolina who got almost 69 in PCS from 63 in CoC with mistakes

MasterB

Final Flight
Congrats to Mirai, she really needed that skate heading into nationals.

First and Second place winners were a joke. I don't have a problem with the placement as much as I do with the scores. They could have still received the placement with scores in the 170's.

Moment

Final Flight
Kostner deserves those PCS if you consider that Julia got a 64! At least Kostner has the artistry, unlike Julia whose artistry doesn't even show when she misses the jumps.

Sorry, Carolina's so-called artistry doesn't really show with this sad excuse of a program

elle_e

On the Ice
Wait, Carolina missed the GPF? I thought she just had to place 2nd to make it in. Was her score too low?

Carolina's combined scores from both her GP events are lower than Radionova's, which means that Elena wins the tie breaker and qualifies over her.

samson

Medalist
Aaaaaaaaan Mirai got credit for all five triples! Her jumps just looked so much higher and cleaner here. I am curious though, I'd love to see what happened with her TES since the little box had her around 61 when she ended and dropped to 57 by the time the actual score ran.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
122 to Kostner is okay in your opinion then?)

Nope. Mirai and Kanako were underscored. However, considering the SP also, Carolina was scored fairly there unlike Julia who was overscored so in the end, I think Carolina should have won (overall) and Kanako the Lp portion.
If Julia can get 64 on PCS for a program like that, Caro deserves 80.
In the end, Radionova deserved to go more than Kostner...