Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Men FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

~high art~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Hanyu also had two 3A after the halfway mark and the second half of his program was clean.

Here's Yuzuru's second half:

3A-3T
    3A-2T
    3Lo
    3Z-1Lo-3S
    3Z

BV 48.52

And Jason's

3Z-1L-3S
    3F-3T
    2A
    3Z
    3Lo

BV 37.95

There is your 10 points right there.

Jason can still play around with the jumps to increase the BV, putting a 3A in the second half for example. His jump +GOE is also not super high, he gets mostly +1 there, so can improve in that area as well.

For the record it's 4th and 3rd in the US in the free skate. Jason still has the highest SP (top actually) and overall among the U.S. men. Jason currently is 7th on the season's best list.

I think quads give you a bit of a cushion, but you can't make errors anywhere else.

Also Jeremy said he planned the 3T instead of doing the 4T at NHK, so that's why I cited that as an example.

I guess it goes back to the question is how do you balance rewarding doing difficult elements while sufficiently penalizing mistakes?
    Yuzuru can do both 3Axels in the second half because he's confident with the jump. Not a good idea for Jason whose 3Axels are hardly consistent. Remember his SA free skate?

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    Yuzuru can do both 3Axels in the second half because he's confident with the jump. Not a good idea for Jason whose 3Axels are hardly consistent. Remember his SA free skate?
    I was thinking this as more of a "down the road" change. Only point was that Jason has some room to improve the program.

I think that the consistency will come soon in the FS. He already is 3-3 in SP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Srin Odessa View Post
    his FS's TES is down by about 12 points but his PCS is up by 5 points.
    Yes! Because he needs to get his PCS up to The Threshold, even at the expense of TES!

I mean The Threshold at which it becomes like a Precedent in law:
    Once surpassed, PCS can never fall below The Threshold no matter how badly they skate.
    He can work on his TES again later.

I'm joking of course :-D

Or am I? haha! (I bet everyone has had a "whut?!" moment that made them wonder! :-D)

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Yes! Because he needs to get his PCS up to The Threshold, even at the expense of TES!

I mean The Threshold at which it becomes like a Precedent in law:
    Once surpassed, PCS can never fall below The Threshold no matter how badly they skate.
    He can work on his TES again later.

I'm joking of course :-D

Or am I? haha! (I bet everyone has had a "whut?!" moment that made them wonder! :-D)
    No I understand what you mean....I think. And I agree, once someone is considered to be an 8s worthy skater, they won't fall below 8s unless they really fall to 5 worthy skating or lose their jumps. This is a very annoying but persistent factor in figure skating.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6