3A
3A - stepout, no combo
1Lz
3S+2T
FUSp
ChSt
2A
CSSp

Some costly mistakes. He landed a quad and only 3 triples. He will probably drop to 2nd

Score: 67.15+81.66-1.00=147.81, 240.34, 2nd overall

auser

Record Breaker
I'm wondering about it too...when I'm watching him this season I feel that he feels some kind of uncomfortable and I don't know if that is determined by the programs...I wish him to come back to Chaplin FS, it was brillant and really worked for him but SP also is not good...It's a real shame because he has a great potential and a reputation already built and now it's all getting ruined fast :(
I'm still wondering if he is discreetly dealing with injury, his movement does not have that free range of motion this season.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Just to be consistent, the R.O.S. just gave Kovtun an 81 PCS for a mistakes-packed program :sarcasm:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Here i agree that PCS were too high. They could have given him 70+ and still would be 2nd with less controvercy... But well, congrats on making the GPF...

bramweld

Record Breaker
^^ This could be it as he was sublime last season. Not making the GPF could be a blessing in disguise for him.

Sara

On the Ice
Pretty weak GP... Kovtun was having the same problem with nerves as Julia today. Kovtun's black costume looks exactly like the baby romper my brother used to wear as a toddler :D

bramweld

Record Breaker
Pretty weak GP... Kovtun was having the same problem with nerves as Julia today. Kovtun's black costume looks exactly like the baby romper my brother used to wear as a toddler :D

However Julia fought for her program!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Machida and Konstantin were the highlights of this mens' FS competition for me.
Sorry but the others were a hot mess today

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
FSGMT said:
Just to be consistent, the R.O.S. just gave Kovtun an 81 PCS for a mistakes-packed program

:laugh:

GPF: Chan, Hanyu, Takahashi, Machida, Yan, Kovtun. I think Oda would have deserved it more than Yan and Kovtun, but what are you gonna do... that's what happens when you end up at NHK and not CoC (and get screwed in the SP).

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
My impression is that Kovtun did not give up, although he made mistakes. His PCS was really overscored, it should have been 20 points less, in my opinion. What is wrong with Javier??? I know he had no chance for GPF even if he had won, but this performance was unbelievably weak. Does he not see where the boards are??? I like his both programmes and if skated faultlessly, he will get a huge score. This moment he does not seem to be where he was in August in that Japanese competition. Hopefully Europeans will be a better competition for him, and the Olympics best of all!!!

sweetskates1

Medalist
Absolutely agree on Kovtun being overscored in PCS - insanely overscored...

My impression is that Kovtun did not give up, although he made mistakes. His PCS was really overscored, it should have been 20 points less, in my opinion. What is wrong with Javier??? I know he had no chance for GPF even if he had won, but this performance was unbelievably weak. Does he not see where the boards are??? I like his both programmes and if skated faultlessly, he will get a huge score. This moment he does not seem to be where he was in August in that Japanese competition. Hopefully Europeans will be a better competition for him, and the Olympics best of all!!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you to sequinsgalore for the PBP. I was watching but it is very helpful to have the breakdown on what
each skater did on the ice. Much appreciated! Off to watch what suprises the Ice Dance FD brings us today.