Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Mirai need a change of coach ?

Quote Originally Posted by wootie View Post
    I think Mirai needs to retire and go to school. She is a very inconsistent skater which seems to stem from the fact that she only wants to actually skate about half the time she's competing. The other half of the time it looks like she is dutifully going through the motions of being a competitive skater in order to satisfy someone else's expectations for her life...or she's holding on to some half-hearted notion that by putting in just enough effort to not totally embarrass herself, she'll magically be considered really good. That being said, if she works hard and tries to fully rotate those triples, she can be competitive with the other ladies. She just seems to lack inspiration and passion most of the time.
    Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    2 years is too long for Mirai to be away from skating at this point. I'd like to see her keep US citizenship but train in Japan. I think it might help her focus and pick up a Japanese sponsor
    I like this idea the best. And Mirai did say that her training in Japan was a dream come true for her! Perhaps the dream can become a more permanent reality. She speaks the language, has friends and family there and seems quite comfortable there too.

I posted this in the Mirai fan thread but here it is again in case anyone missed it:

Naomi Lang made this comment on her FB account: "So good to see Douglas Razzano and Mirai Nagasu at the Ice Den today working so hard towards Nationals next week. Show 'em how it's done guys! I'll be the loudest one in the stands next week cheering for you." https://www.facebook.com/naomi.lang....ocation=stream

I'll be amongst the loudest too cheering for Mirai.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I like this idea the best. And Mirai did say that her training in Japan was a dream come true for her! Perhaps the dream can become a more permanent reality. She speaks the language, has friends and family there and seems quite comfortable there too. I posted this in the Mirai fan thread but here it is again in case anyone missed it: Naomi Lang made this comment on her FB account: "So good to see Douglas Razzano and Mirai Nagasu at the Ice Den today working so hard towards Nationals next week. Show 'em how it's done guys! I'll be the loudest one in the stands next week cheering for you." https://www.facebook.com/naomi.lang....ocation=stream I'll be amongst the loudest too cheering for Mirai.
    I really think this is what Mirai is aiming for. It's not far fetched to believe that she could be the top lady in the US again. She was twice (sorry I think she won in 2010 hands down) was 4th at the Olympics. Ashley has enjoyed a resurgence, why can't Mirai.

I really think training in Japan will pay off for her, I feel that she has found a training environment that works for her and it sounds like she is working hard. I'll never count Mirai out because when she is on she could be that one that can shake up the podium a bit. With rotated triples and sass to match she could take it all. I believe that she has it in her and will be cheering for her as well!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    I really think this is what Mirai is aiming for. It's not far fetched to believe that she could be the top lady in the US again. She was twice (sorry I think she won in 2010 hands down) was 4th at the Olympics. Ashley has enjoyed a resurgence, why can't Mirai.
    We see Mirai in practices and warm-ups doing jumps that could put her at the top. The question is whether she has the competitive nerves necessary to do them when it counts. She has looked tentative skating her programs for several years now. I sometimes think she has had so many missed opportunities that it adds more pressure to skate clean when she has a chance to place high, like last year's nationals.

I think she only trained properly that first year she won Nationals and 2010 (meaning run throughs), so she wasn't confident in her ability to deliver. If she has been training run throughs in Japan, perhaps her confidence will return under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    We see Mirai in practices and warm-ups doing jumps that could put her at the top. The question is whether she has the competitive nerves necessary to do them when it counts. She has looked tentative skating her programs for several years now. I sometimes think she has had so many missed opportunities that it adds more pressure to skate clean when she has a chance to place high, like last year's nationals.
    Being in Japan I think she's had a great training environment, look at all of the great skaters she was around. Kinda similar to training with Evan in 2010. I think it will be a great push for her.

Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post

I really think training in Japan will pay off for her, I feel that she has found a training environment that works for her and it sounds like she is working hard. I'll never count Mirai out because when she is on she could be that one that can shake up the podium a bit. With rotated triples and sass to match she could take it all. I believe that she has it in her and will be cheering for her as well!
    Agreed (and ITA that she won in 2010 - hands down!).

Rinkside
    Who was the lady with Mirai during the SP? And why have articles been saying that Mirai has been "coaching herself" since leaving Evidente? There was another article that says that but below is Hersh's article.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...prises-aplenty

ANYWAYS I WENT BUCK WILD DURING MIRAI'S SP!!!! WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO ELATED FOR HER. She is the total dark horse for the FS, everyone is counting her out, love it tho bc less pressure for Mirai and it may motivate her to prove them wrong.

Christa Fassi

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Christa Fassi
    That was definitely not Christa Fassi- she looked at least 20 years younger than her.

Custom Title
    That was Mirai's ballet coach(?), Galina, who also accompanied her a couple times (like at 2011 4CC).

Custom Title
    Mirai is without a coach again? Why does she go through so many coaches?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Mirai is without a coach again? Why does she go through so many coaches?

Mirai has had 6 coaches. Gracie has had 6 coaches and she is at the beginning of her skating career.

Is there solid info that she is no longer with Christa Fassi? She has been training full time in Japan since leaving Amy Evidente.

The SP was very good but she will ur in LP. I think she had one good skate, but retirement and school would serve her better. Japan has way too much competition. I think several ladies in US will quit. The judges buried Sam, and no respect for Flatt. It wasn't bad at all. Sad for several. Caroline had no one with her again!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast