Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Mirai need a change of coach ?

Custom Title
    Odd question to pose in November, no?

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The odd thing about Charlene being in this program was that she was a Canadian competitor back in 1988-
    I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Maybe Japan wants to coax Mirai to JSF after this season because it's her last year eligible for Japanese citizenship and the veterans are leaving.

But on a more serious note, Mirai could ease the 3S into her competitive repertoire thru her exhibition.
    I think this is an excellent idea and I wonder that Mirai and her coaches never seem to have considered this.

Custom Title
    From her twitter, she loves her exhibition this season

Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    From her twitter, she loves her exhibition this season
    I haven't checked out twitter in a while. I'm glad she loves it! I wish that she'd love it even more and try to work it into a competitive program.

I like Mirai's new avatar on her twitter account: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...3434481e1.jpeg

They may be battling for that third Olympic spot come Nationals but it's nice to see Agnes and Mirai are friends and can goof off. I like how Agnes called Mirai 'her better half' in another pic too lol!

Custom Title
    ^That's really cute. I think I remember from twitter that Mirai, Christina and Agnes were all roommates at ChampsCamp this year, and it seems like they loved being roomies.

I love her exhibition so much this year. I also really liked last years exhibition. I'm kind of sad that the system makes it illogical to do spins like that first spin from Golden Pond. There's such a purity and honesty to that moment.

There is another piece of music I would LOVE to see her skate to in the future.

It's called Svanur by Rökkurró
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUTKcAqxX8

It's a long song so for those interested in the best part, skip the lyrics and go to 1:56. It's just stunning, and I think Mirai would bring such a magical quality to it.

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    ^That's really cute. I think I remember from twitter that Mirai, Christina and Agnes were all roommates at ChampsCamp this year, and it seems like they loved being roomies.

I love her exhibition so much this year. I also really liked last years exhibition. I'm kind of sad that the system makes it illogical to do spins like that first spin from Golden Pond. There's such a purity and honesty to that moment.

There is another piece of music I would LOVE to see her skate to in the future.

It's called Svanur by Rökkurró
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUTKcAqxX8

It's a long song so for those interested in the best part, skip the lyrics and go to 1:56. It's just stunning, and I think Mirai would bring such a magical quality to it.
    It's a quiet, lovely piece. I think this would work for Mirai too!

Custom Title
    Jesus, this is the kind of commentator that brings on murderous thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF3E4PfX4G8

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Jesus, this is the kind of commentator that brings on murderous thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF3E4PfX4G8
    They ruin the enjoyment of Mirai's beautiful exhibition with all of their yammering. They just wouldn't shut up the whole time, going on and on about Mirai's bronze, blah blah blah.

I much prefer the BBC version of Mirai's lovely performance.

Medalist
    An interesting update on from the skating lesson:

On the North American front, things have become more interesting as the ladies clamor for the third spot. Initially thought to be out of it, Mirai Nagasu is making a late push to make the team. Mirai’s improvement between Grand Prix assignments was stunning. She was simply a different skater in a matter of two weeks. Though Mirai was accompanied to Russia by Amy Evidente, the coach and pupil had differences on the trip and have since parted ways. Christa Fassi has worked with Mirai since the summer and will likely accompany her to the National Championships. In the mean time, Mirai will spend the next few weeks training in Japan with the coach she worked with between Grand Prix events. By all accounts, Mirai has appeared happier, more confident and in better physical condition in recent works. Her jumps are coming back along with her belief in herself. It may not be over just yet.
    Perhaps this coaching change did happen? Interesting....

Custom Title
    Very interesting news indeed! I read this earlier and tried to share it, but I guess I did it the wrong way so it didn't post, but that's ok! The news is still shared so thanks, Willdu!

While the move may be a but unorthodox, it actually sounds like it was a very organic decision, and if the leaps in progress she made from NHK to Rostelecom Cup are any indication it sounds like this could be a great move for her. I'm also really glad to hear that she appears happier and more confident. That's probably the best part of this news.

It's kind of funny to think that this move makes Mirai the fourth US lady to have a major coaching change this season.

Custom Title
    Who is the coach in Japan?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Who is the coach in Japan?
    I believe it is Takahito Mura's father (and coach) Takashi Mura.

Custom Title
    Oh interesting, go Mirai!

On the Ice
    Wow, she really changed coaches so close to Nationals. I hope the move so late into the season can somehow work magic on her, and she's able to fight her way to the podium at Nationals

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast