Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Mirai need a change of coach ?

Quote Originally Posted by MFarone View Post
    TSL mentioned Mirai is working with Christa Fassi. I don't know who she is working with in Japan.
    Per previous reports Mirai worked with Takashi Mura (Takahito Mura's dad and coach) in Japan prior to COR. I'm assuming she's with Mura again. I'm hoping that this change brings great results for Mirai leading up to Nationals.

Thanks for the info Sasha'sSpins....I had no idea Mirai was training with Takashi Mura. Heck, I even missed the speculation about problems between Mirai and Amy. I've always liked Mirai since I first saw her in 2007 Nationals when she won the Jr. Ladies title.

The last couple of years have been tough with her growth spurt and distressing (to me) lack of emotion while skating. I would love to see a refreshed and renewed Mirai at Nationals!

Quote Originally Posted by MFarone View Post
    Thanks for the info Sasha'sSpins....I had no idea Mirai was training with Takashi Mura. Heck, I even missed the speculation about problems between Mirai and Amy. I've always liked Mirai since I first saw her in 2007 Nationals when she won the Jr. Ladies title.

The last couple of years have been tough with her growth spurt and distressing (to me) lack of emotion while skating. I would love to see a refreshed and renewed Mirai at Nationals!
    I feel the same about Mirai. Jump issues due to two growth spurts - (2009 and post Olympics 2011-12) are one thing but it's been hard to watch Mirai skating so blank-faced out there. I never thought I'd see that from her. She was always so smiley and joyful then the last couple of seasons it's been like zombie-face. :( Again, I hope that training in Japan will do wonders for her confidence and skating at Nationals just as it seemed to before COR.

Custom Title
    Maybe training with some of the best skaters in the world will give her a push to kick it up a notch, and inspire her

I hope so.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop1 View Post
    Maybe training with some of the best skaters in the world will give her a push to kick it up a notch, and inspire her
    Training with Evan did wonders for her leading up to Nationals and Olympics in 2010. I think this was a wise move for her, she is really popular in Japan and I think this will give her the confidence boost she needs.

I do wish we could get some reports on Mirai now and again leading up to Nationals. She hasn't updated her twitter for a while.

Im wishing her the very best & hope she makes the Olympic team

Custom Title
    Do anyone know if Mirai is still with the same sport agency IMG? What is her current sponsorship situation like? (if she has better chance of getting sponsored by Japanese companies, then this move makes great sense)

Custom Title
    Well... my personal impression from her earlier documentary was that her then coaches (post Carroll) weren't very respectful of her :( I was hoping I imagined it, and still hoping I was.

I remember when my father and I were watching Mirai's SP in Vancouver, giggling afterwards what a delight she was, and then after FS, about her perky confidence for pulling out stuff after Yuna & Mao's presence. I still cherish her in a corner of my heart, and really wish her all the best. Back then, she was a hopeful future of ladies' figure skating, enough that we won't have to be sad for Yuna's retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Do anyone know if Mirai is still with the same sport agency IMG? What is her current sponsorship situation like? (if she has better chance of getting sponsored by Japanese companies, then this move makes great sense)
    I'm assuming that she is no longer with them - I remember she had some kind of sponsorship with Sony (I think). She thanked them on twitter for some goodies they sent to her home but if she had sponsors currently I would think they'd be listed/promoted on her website and twitter account like other sponsored athletes who consistently push their respective sponsor's 'product'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I'm assuming that she is no longer with them - I remember she had some kind of sponsorship with Sony (I think). She thanked them on twitter for some goodies they sent to her home but if she had sponsors currently I would think they'd be listed/promoted on her website and twitter account like other sponsored athletes who consistently push their respective sponsor's 'product'.
    I've not seen athletes or skaters who push their sponsors' products on Twitter and Facebook. I think they generally use their sponsors' products in public -- such as Yuna wearing earrings specially designed by her sponsors at some events, etc. But I've never seen her or other skaters pushing their sponsors' products blatantly via social media. I certainly don't see Mao talk constantly about how delicious her sponsor's chocolate snacks, etc. are. (But she does commercials for them, and they get to use her image to market their products.)

Custom Title
    Mirai got a small last minute sponsorship from Panasonic shortly before Vancouver. The TV commentators said at the time it was just large enough to cover expenses for her parents' trip to Vancouver. I doubt very much she has any current sponsorships, and I believe she is getting less support from her family than in the past.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    I've not seen athletes or skaters who push their sponsors' products on Twitter and Facebook. I think they generally use their sponsors' products in public -- such as Yuna wearing earrings specially designed by her sponsors at some events, etc. But I've never seen her or other skaters pushing their sponsors' products blatantly via social media. I certainly don't see Mao talk constantly about how delicious her sponsor's chocolate snacks, etc. are. (But she does commercials for them, and they get to use her image to market their products.)
    In the U.S., skaters and other athletes do use social media to promote their sponsors.
    Example: Davis and White both send tweets now and then showing that they are enjoying one or more Kellogg's products for breakfast.
    Some tweets and/or Facebook posts show an athlete's promotional efforts for the sponsor's brand, without directly pushing specific products. Example: A few days ago, Nastia Liukin used both platforms to post a photo of herself shooting a commercial for the Subway sandwich chain.
    American athletes also commonly retweet tweets from their sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    I have. I've seen such tweets from athletes like Nastia Liukin, Shawn Johnson, Gabrielle Douglas and Ashley Wagner to name just a few.

The rosewood on FSU posted this link to a photo - it's of Mirai at a Christmas show at her adopted rink in Japan: http://www3.bigcosmic.com/board/s/bo...1387310259.jpg

Per rosewood, it was posted by a coach at that rink in one of his blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    In the U.S., skaters and other athletes do use social media to promote their sponsors.
    Example: Davis and White both send tweets now and then showing that they are enjoying one or more Kellogg's products for breakfast.
    Some tweets and/or Facebook posts show an athlete's promotional efforts for the sponsor's brand, without directly pushing specific products. Example: A few days ago, Nastia Liukin used both platforms to post a photo of herself shooting a commercial for the Subway sandwich chain.
    American athletes also commonly retweet tweets from their sponsors.
    ^^^
    THIS!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast