Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tatsuki Machida

On the Ice

Tatsuki Machida

I usually never ever start threads but I just had to for Tatsuki. I've liked him for a long time now but as far as his results go he's had his ups and downs. This year I hope he's able to solve whatever health issues he has by nationals and is able to take the 3rd (or possibly 2nd!) spot at the Olympics.

I just love his dedication to his programs and how in to them he gets. Even though he definitely admires Daisuke I like how he's different from him and stands out in his own way.

Custom Title
    Thanks a lot for creating a thread, malo42. Tatsuki well deserves a fan thread of his.

SP at SA, British Eurosport: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjU8vxeknL4
    And LP!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmbUW5mPw7s

Kudos to Tatsuki for winning 2 GPs and advancing to GP Final in Japan! Just impressive, isn't it?! So glad he has such a great season so far. Good luck to Tatsuki at GPF and the Nats.

Custom Title
    This guy is a bookie's nightmare. No one expected him to be the highest ranking Japanese man in the GP circuit. I hope he's able to get in a solid performance at nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Srin Odessa View Post
    This guy is a bookie's nightmare. No one expected him to be the highest ranking Japanese man in the GP circuit. I hope he's able to get in a solid performance at nationals.
    Good to know he's rising to the occassion. Looking at his past two skates, he does stand a chance in making it. It's not easy to break into the favourites' domain but he did a great job and I am sure he worked very hard for it. Good luck to Machida.

Custom Title
    Very very interesting interview with Tatsuki, though all in Japanese and pretty long.

part1 http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports...2010001-spnavi
    part2 http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports...-spnavi?page=1

^Tatuski is quite a character, good read. Machida has proven himself this season as a contender
    and imo he would be an asset for the Men's Team in Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    ^Tatuski is quite a character, good read.
    What he says is, hmm, very philosophical for an athlete, isn't it?

Medalist
    Congratulations to Tatsuki for 2 great performances at Sochi. I look forward to more great achievements from him in the future. I love his artistic flare.

Medalist
    Congratulations on your Silver World medal, Tatsuki. You skated 2 great programs and you truly won the Gold for me.

Congratulations, Tatsuki! Great performances, amazing interpretation. I wish there were 2 gold medals (actually, 3)

Custom Title
    Tatsuki sort of sneaked up on me this season and I ended becoming a fan though he is now a serious threat to Yuzuru's world domination. How can you not love a skater who engineered a renaissance in his skating career in his 20s, skates with passion and flair, can choreograph his exhibition, and knows how to strike the most dramatic poses apres skating? And his knowing "timshel" and using it in a sentence rather sealed the deal for me :-).

I really hope he continues until the next Olympics, and I look forward to more magnificent performances from him.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    If SP were held behind the LP, Machida could have won the whole competition with that SP.
    Just calculate the years, Machida was born in 1990, then next Olympics he will be 28, same age as Jourbert now. He could still bring out some big guns.

Rinkside
    Such a great performance at this world champs: I'm officially a fan!

I must be honest and say that it took me awhile to appreciate Tatsuki. I am a huge fan of Daisuke and Yuzuru, so perhaps unfairly slotted him as the "lesser" of the Japanese men (not to say bad at ALL - but not so charismatic as the others, plus I don't really like Firebird ). However, after watching him at Worlds, I'm so impressed. He has a lovely personality, great attitude and much like Daisuke, he is an excellent interpreter of music. And despite being the dark horse, he put his all into the competition and had a terrific chance of beating the Golden Child. Again, I love Yuzuru to death, but there is room in my heart for plenty of skaters of all types, and if Tatsuki had taken gold I would not have felt it was undeserved.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    I must be honest and say that it took me awhile to appreciate Tatsuki. I am a huge fan of Daisuke and Yuzuru, so perhaps unfairly slotted him as the "lesser" of the Japanese men (not to say bad at ALL - but not so charismatic as the others, plus I don't really like Firebird ). However, after watching him at Worlds, I'm so impressed. He has a lovely personality, great attitude and much like Daisuke, he is an excellent interpreter of music. And despite being the dark horse, he put his all into the competition and had a terrific chance of beating the Golden Child. Again, I love Yuzuru to death, but there is room in my heart for plenty of skaters of all types, and if Tatsuki had taken gold I would not have felt it was undeserved.
    ITA. Tatsuki has worked so hard to make it to the Japanese team, and his results show he deserves to be there. He's like a counterpoint to Yuzuru: petite and solidly built, while Yuzuru is tall (relatively) and slim; a late bloomer to Yuzuru's being a wonderkind; thoughtful and deliberate in his approach (apparently he read the book East of Eden for his SP set to the soundtrack of the movie version), while Yuzuru is, as Brian Orser describes him, an "emotional" and instinctive skater.

I also like Tatsuki's competitive spirit. I read a post in the Worlds Men FP thread quoting Tatsuki saying in the spirit of friendly rivalry that he will try to "CRUSH" Yuzuru this coming season, and my reaction was good for Tatsuki as such an attitude can only drive him to further improve (add another quad?) as well as keep Yuzuru on his toes.

One thing I also learned about Tastuki is, like Daisuke and Yuzuru, he has a supportive and nurturing mother. Perhaps that is the real secret of the success of the the Japanese men. Tatsuki's mom will travel some distance to bring him his favorite hairtail fish dish.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast