Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 294

Thread: Tatsuki Machida

  1. #121
    Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    3,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    ^Oooh! The (in)famous timshel! Can we have a translation pretty please?
    PS I am thinking who else in TJ matches Tatsuki for "seriousness" because at times (like this) he seems to march to a different beat.
    No wonder he gets troll all the time! Dai, Nobu and Mao are so funny!!

  2. #122
    Custom Title ioanap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    627
    It seems Tatsuki only relaxes around Daisuke as I've read they danced to club music in their shared room at Sochi They were also dancing at the closing ceremony either way. It's a wonder how Tatsuki loves Daisuke so much since his personality seems a complete opposite. Even at 28, Daisuke is still the biggest goof of the team.

  3. #123
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    It seems Tatsuki only relaxes around Daisuke as I've read they danced to club music in their shared room at Sochi :laugh.
    I thought Tatsuki was Yuzuru´s roommate at Sochi...

  4. #124
    Custom Title ioanap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    627
    Yes he was initially during the team event I think, when Daisuke was not there yet. But as soon as Daisuke arrived in Sochi, Tatsuki left Yuzuru and moved in with Daisuke. He even commented on how nervous he was about asking him to share a room.
    Then he said they danced to club music and ate McDonald's food in their beds after the individual men's event was over and complained about how horrible they both were in competition.

  5. #125
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    691
    ^Thanks ionap for the info. Nice to know Tatsuki's bonding moments with Daisuke as Tatsuki seems to be a loner (dislikes even having to share a table at the cafeteria!).

    On a lighter note, now I'm wondering whether Tatsuki asked for a room change because Yuzuru was "a nuisance, soooo annoying" and "not serious at all."


    A video of Tatsuki speaking English, interview after winning 2013 Skate America, the event where I first noticed him:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSGZ9xuEvI

  6. #126
    Custom Title ioanap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    627
    Tatsuki is such a huge Daisuke fan though. He attended the same high school (Kurashiki Suisho) and university (Kansai) as Daisuke because he said he wanted to follow his footsteps. He said he was delighted to be competing with him at the Olympics because he had always dreamed of being on the team with him. Even the cafeteria part is inspired by Daisuke, as he also said he would have loved a table for himself.

    Here is a video of 18 year old Tatsuki skating at the Kurashiki rink, the place where Daisuke's journey started. Notice the huge poster on the wall.
    http://video.yandex.ru/users/jejel/view/410/

    And here you can see a lovely picture of Tatsuki and Daisuke from 2008 at the beginning of the video. Notice how Tatsuki calls him Dai-senpai
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBuaAKIPQsM

    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    A video of Tatsuki speaking English, interview after winning 2013 Skate America, the event where I first noticed him:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSGZ9xuEvI
    I was very impressed with his English!

  7. #127
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    Tatsuki is such a huge Daisuke fan though. He attended the same high school (Kurashiki Suisho) and university (Kansai) as Daisuke because he said he wanted to follow his footsteps. He said he was delighted to be competing with him at the Olympics because he had always dreamed of being on the team with him. Even the cafeteria part is inspired by Daisuke, as he also said he would have loved a table for himself.

    Here is a video of 18 year old Tatsuki skating at the Kurashiki rink, the place where Daisuke's journey started. Notice the huge poster on the wall.
    http://video.yandex.ru/users/jejel/view/410/

    And here you can see a lovely picture of Tatsuki and Daisuke from 2008 at the beginning of the video. Notice how Tatsuki calls him Dai-senpai
    Thank you for the video links and the information about Tatsuki's looking up to Daisuke. I am glad Tatsuki's dream of being in the national team with Daisuke has come true. Ah I suppose Tatsuki grabbed the opportunity to be at close quarters (both literally and figuratively) with his idol in asking Daisuke if he could room with him in Sochi.

    And anyway, Yuzuru has his Winnie-the-Pooh as company .

    Seriously, and I've posted this before, the current success of the Japanese male figure skaters owes a lot to Daisuke. He has set a such a high standard for them and also helped create the necessary public support for figure skating in Japan to attract sponsors. I'm sure Tatsuki, Yuzuru, et al. all acknowledge that.

  8. #128
    Custom Title ioanap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    627
    They most certainly do. Daisuke himself owes a lot to Takeshi Honda, who became his jump coach after retirement and helped him get back his quad after Daisuke suffered that terrible knee injury. Takeshi was known for having a strong, consistent quad back in the early 2000s.
    I guess Daisuke was to Takeshi what Yuzuru is to Daisuke right now. Coincidentally at the 2005 Nationals, Takeshi was hoping to qualify for the 2006 Olympics because he felt like he had left unfinished business (almost grabbed a medal at the 2002 Olympics with that strong SP) but was unable to keep up with the younger ones and got pushed to 5th place, exactly what happened to Daisuke at the 2013 Nationals.

    Since then, Takeshi and Daisuke have become great friends and worked together with coach Nagamitsu to give us some of the most successful programs. Imagine if Daisuke choreographed some of Tatsuki's (or Yuzuru's) programs after retirement. He could improve everything there is left to improve in them and turn them into complete skaters. Technically they are already performing at the highest levels, but imagine Yuzuru for example adding good posture, complex footwork and interpretation to his already strong programs Unfortunately people have already asked him before if he'd consider choreographing but he said he doesn't feel he's good enough. He used to choreograph his EX programs as a teenager (Desert Rose, Nocturne) but hasn't done anything as of recently.

    Dare I say, Daisuke himself is Tatsuki's version of Winnie the Pooh

  9. #129
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    They most certainly do. Daisuke himself owes a lot to Takeshi Honda, who became his jump coach after retirement and helped him get back his quad after Daisuke suffered that terrible knee injury. Takeshi was known for having a strong, consistent quad back in the early 2000s.
    I guess Daisuke was to Takeshi what Yuzuru is to Daisuke right now. Coincidentally at the 2005 Nationals, Takeshi was hoping to qualify for the 2006 Olympics because he felt like he had left unfinished business (almost grabbed a medal at the 2002 Olympics with that strong SP) but was unable to keep up with the younger ones and got pushed to 5th place, exactly what happened to Daisuke at the 2013 Nationals.

    Since then, Takeshi and Daisuke have become great friends and worked together with coach Nagamitsu to give us some of the most successful programs. Imagine if Daisuke choreographed some of Tatsuki's (or Yuzuru's) programs after retirement. He could improve everything there is left to improve in them and turn them into complete skaters. Technically they are already performing at the highest levels, but imagine Yuzuru for example adding good posture, complex footwork and interpretation to his already strong programs Unfortunately people have already asked him before if he'd consider choreographing but he said he doesn't feel he's good enough. He used to choreograph his EX programs as a teenager (Desert Rose, Nocturne) but hasn't done anything as of recently.

    Dare I say, Daisuke himself is Tatsuki's version of Winnie the Pooh
    Sometimes I think Daisuke gives himself less credit than he deserves! Anyway, his sabbatical may be the opportunity for him to try his hand at choreography again. I think if not for injury, he would have medalled both at Japan Nationals and the Olympics.

    Hah, I don't want Tatsuki to treat Daisuke the way Yuzuru does his Winnie the Pooh, i.e., rub and pat the head, pinch and poke cheeks. Kidding aside, I see what you mean. It's lovely to see how Daisuke is appreciated by Tatsuki.

  10. #130
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6
    Hi all, first time visiting! After Tatsuki's inspiring Worlds debut, for sure he will less likely to be underscored in the new season. Who knows, if he maintains consistency alongside developing his own choreography, he may even swap if not share the top seed with Yuzuru (who needs time to develop the refinement commensurate with the difficulty he harnessed, just barely.) For the moment, Tatsuki is much closer to a complete package than his kohai. For that reason, I hope any shift of attention to Tatsuki (as we saw so-briefly after his Saitama SP) will not complicate his strong rapport with Dai. As you say, they really can become an even greater force when unified as a team.

  11. #131
    Custom Title ioanap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    627
    Hello Lsayogi! I was hoping for an increased PCS too next season after his wonderful Worlds result but I'm still not sure if that will be enough to get close to Yuzuru. After all Yuzuru will most likely get the same (if not higher) PCS and with his superior base value (in his LP at least) he's difficult to catch from behind. It happened in Saitama and it can happen again.

    But Tatsuki is definitely much closer to a complete package than Yuzuru and I wish it showed in his PCS. I'm looking forward to seeing new programs from him next season, hopefully something different than what he's done so far. I hope he changes his mind about retiring next year.

  12. #132
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsayogi View Post
    Hi all, first time visiting! After Tatsuki's inspiring Worlds debut, for sure he will less likely to be underscored in the new season. Who knows, if he maintains consistency alongside developing his own choreography, he may even swap if not share the top seed with Yuzuru (who needs time to develop the refinement commensurate with the difficulty he harnessed, just barely.) For the moment, Tatsuki is much closer to a complete package than his kohai. For that reason, I hope any shift of attention to Tatsuki (as we saw so-briefly after his Saitama SP) will not complicate his strong rapport with Dai. As you say, they really can become an even greater force when unified as a team.
    Welcome Lsayogi! Nice to meet more Tatsuki fans! I think you hit the nail on the head when you talked about Tatsuki's consistency, for I believe that is the reason for his breakthrough season; he has stabilized his quad toe and triple axel jumps, and his quad toe, triple toe combination for me approaches that of Patrick Chan's. He has always had the artistry and musicality though sadly not the commensurate PCS score (should have scored more there for his sublime Worlds SP), but I think things will change now that he has established himself as an elite skater. I think for this season, as ionap mentioned, the challenge for him is to raise the bar re the technical content of his programs. More jumps/jump combinations in the latter half of the program perhaps?

    For me it's healthy for Japanese figure skating to have as many skaters as possible to be in medal contention, and for them to push each other to greater heights. Tatsuki has mentioned wishing to have Yuzuru's mental strength as a competitor, and Yuzuru talked about wanting to be as artistic as Tatsuki and not rely so much on his jumps to win. Also, I don't think Daisuke will begrudge any attention that Tatsuki will attract because of his superb skating. From what I have seen, Daisuke has always been gracious to the younger Japanese male figure skaters.

  13. #133
    Custom Title ioanap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Also, I don't think Daisuke will begrudge any attention that Tatsuki will attract because of his superb skating. From what I have seen, Daisuke has always been gracious to the younger Japanese male figure skaters.
    He will most certainly not, I think it's the complete opposite. During the Olympic and Paralympic meeting held by prime minister Abe, Daisuke was trying to keep himself out of the picture the prime minister was taking with Yuzuru and Mao by his side, as he felt he didn't belong there after his result in Sochi. Seiko Hashimoto had to practically drag him closer, and he was still hiding behind Mao. Mao herself took his hand and placed him beside her It just shows how humble he is. Besides, Tatsuki has beaten Daisuke in competition several times and nothing changed between them. They are still close enough to even share a room A couple of years ago though, Tatsuki was still too shy to even say something to him.

    Now that Tatsuki's technical content has gotten steadier, maybe he can try raising the bar indeed.

  14. #134
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    23
    Back to the past (updated version ): all machida's SP as a senior.

    Season 2012-13 F.U.Y.A. (Skate America 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7B2LE6QQZo)

    Season 2011-12 & 2010-11 Dark Eyes (4CC 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOGshKryKhg)

    Season 2009-10 Celos (Jpn Nationals 2009 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeaKt-rkVO8)

    Season 2008-09 Peach (Jpn Nationals 2008 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeLIyR-dasM)

    Dark Eyes's fan version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTIJx-tuAiM
    my favourite part: the spins! ahah kinda love this kid

  15. #135
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    He will most certainly not, I think it's the complete opposite. During the Olympic and Paralympic meeting held by prime minister Abe, Daisuke was trying to keep himself out of the picture the prime minister was taking with Yuzuru and Mao by his side, as he felt he didn't belong there after his result in Sochi. Seiko Hashimoto had to practically drag him closer, and he was still hiding behind Mao. Mao herself took his hand and placed him beside her It just shows how humble he is. Besides, Tatsuki has beaten Daisuke in competition several times and nothing changed between them. They are still close enough to even share a room A couple of years ago though, Tatsuki was still too shy to even say something to him.

    Now that Tatsuki's technical content has gotten steadier, maybe he can try raising the bar indeed.
    Thank you for all your news on Daisuke. He will always be my favourite skater but I am happy that Machida has a thread that is growing. He is my second favourite next to Daisuke. I love his artistry and admire his intellect, too. I hope he finally gets the recognition he deserves from the judges.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •