Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Thread: Tatsuki Machida

Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    For example, I see Misha gaining a lot of popularity and sympathy all over the internet. Now I love Misha and his skating, and he is a wonderful person but isn't his style at least as "overly dramatic"? It's truly puzzling to me how a lot of people state that as a reason why they dislike Tatsuki's skating but at the same time enjoy Misha.

Not trying to discredit Misha, but Tatsuki is overall a much, much better skater than him.
    Just wait until Misha starts winning stuff, and then the tide will turn. I feel like skaters who get to a certain level of hype or success will always attract "haters." (The one big exception being...Daisuke? I wasn't reading forums for most of his career, but I don't remember ever seeing anything too negative about him.) Misha's managed to stay under the radar, but I'm sure people will start calling him hammy, or bashing his skating skills and/or lack of a quad the moment he's perceived as a threat to their favorites.

Nothing wrong with being dramatic in my eyes.

Custom Title
    For example, I see Misha gaining a lot of popularity and sympathy all over the internet. Now I love Misha and his skating, and he is a wonderful person but isn't his style at least as "overly dramatic"? It's truly puzzling to me how a lot of people state that as a reason why they dislike Tatsuki's skating but at the same time enjoy Misha.

Not trying to discredit Misha, but Tatsuki is overall a much, much better skater than him.
    Well I'm sure if Ge started winning things (and getting high PCS basically), people would scrutinize him to death too. When you become a top contender, every fault is seemingly magnified. And as someone who enjoys both Ge and Machida immensely, I can maybe see how Ge is a bit more "approachable" (very smiley after his skates, always on Twitter/Instagram, skates to K-pop for his exhibitions, etc) and Machida has the image of being a bit more of a, how to put it, "lofty artist" I don't know, simply just different strokes for different folks I guess.

EDIT: gallavich, you are me today, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post

I am glad you think Tatsuki's FS program is wonderful. Apparently it is one that can provoke extreme reactions: some hate it, others love it.
    Yes. Wonderful. I like the diversity... He reminds me of Lambiel...
    Last edited by plushyfan; Today at 06:05 PM.

The thing is that for as long as I've been watching figure skating I have rarely encountered the kind of antipathy he is getting at the moment, and I'm not only referring to forums. For a top skater, a lot of people pick on every little thing he does and ridicule him. It's their choice really but as a fan of his skating I can't help feeling a bit puzzled. I guess they see different things than I do, which is totally fine in the end.

I agree that Misha's open and friendly personality helps boost the sympathy he's getting though.

Custom Title
    The thing is that for as long as I've been watching figure skating I have rarely encountered the kind of antipathy he is getting at the moment, and I'm not only referring to forums. For a top skater, a lot of people pick on every little thing he does and ridicule him. It's their choice really but as a fan of his skating I can't help feeling a bit puzzled. I guess they see different things than I do, which is totally fine in the end.

I agree that Misha's open and friendly personality helps boost the sympathy he's getting though.
    Well I guess nothing is bad to me after being a Patrick Chan fan, antipathy would have been nicer than the sheer viciousness that he was often subjected to. Not that his soundbites helped his cause at all But what kind of antipathy are you talking about, like in the media?

Quote Originally Posted by shingalas View Post
    Well I guess nothing is bad to me after being a Patrick Chan fan, antipathy would have been nicer than the sheer viciousness that he was often subjected to. Not that his soundbites helped his cause at all But what kind of antipathy are you talking about, like in the media?
    Patrick was probably the greatest target in recent years, that is very true but at the same time he had his fair share of loyal fans.

Yes, I would even include the media - I have heard some commentators discrediting him, some in a disrespectful way. I wouldn't know to put my finger on the exact comments or commentators at the moment but I remember they left an unpleasant impression on me. And just generally a lot of people getting personal with the insults but thankfully this has not been the case on the forum.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34