Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Results 1,336 to 1,340 of 1340

Thread: Tatsuki Machida

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    Another small video of the program at 0:26. Stunning.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2o...E6%BC%94_sport
    Thanks ionap. And if that "small video" isn't enough to again awaken that sense of loss and longing to see Tatsuki again competitively skate, I stumbled on this video , (2:55-3:02)

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Thanks ionap. And if that "small video" isn't enough to again awaken that sense of loss and longing to see Tatsuki again competitively skate, I stumbled on this video , (2:55-3:02)
    Tatsuki hugging Takahito Mura and then taking a moment alone in front of the rink is still painful to watch, even four months later.

Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    This might sounds like speculation but I think he retired because he felt that he was not fitted to the competitive environment. He wants to be an artist on ice, not a competitor on ice. I sensed a feeling of conflict from him at TEB, then especially at GPF. His new program makes me feel more so about his decision. CoP rules and all the restrictions for competitive program make him feel uneasy, he wants to show more but he couldn't because his intentions will not be rewarded and appreciated in competitions. There is no rule to reward these ideas.

It's like you want to be a writer, you have work for a publishing house for years as an editor, but the more you work in the publishing industry the more you feel uncomfortable and you decide to quit, not because of anyone or anything, you just feel that your imagination is drifting away, so you quit to write.
    That un-retirement comment is just a half joke and a half wishful thinking of mine since he retains all goodness in his skating. As watching the clip, I feel he wants to be somewhat like John Curry, an innovative artist trying to integrate balletic movements into figure skating. But Curry was an Olympic champion from the different area of figure skating from these days, so he might have gotten sponsorship easier. Had Tatsuki stayed in competition a little longer, he could've achieved more, so that could've give him a bonus (a financial advantage and building a reputation) or more opportunities for his future (commission for making choreography from clients).

I agree with some of your points, but I don't think he does not have competitive spirits or not fit for competition because he did everything possibly for his goal, so he could get into the Sochi Olympics. He sometimes omit some of planned moves in his choreography when he felt running out of gas in competition. He seemed to want to express his "ideal" performance with the Beethoven piece, so didn't care about losing points because that is his final competitive year anyway.
    Last edited by inside edges; Today at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    I wonder if Max's choice of Phillip as choreographer was in any way influenced by Tatsuki's rendition of the latter's choreography in the same way that Tatsuki thought of working with Phillip after seeing Ashley's "Black Swan" choreographed by Phillip.
    Maria, now we know the answer. Quoting from icenetwork

At the end of February, Aaron turned to Phillip Mills, who had recently impressed the skating world by transforming Tatsuki Machida from a middle-of-the-pack Japanese skater to the 2014 world silver medalist and four-time gold medalist on the Grand Prix circuit.

"Phillip Mills was in the ballet for years and years," Aaron said. "I knew he would be able to help me [after] seeing the transformation he did for Machida. I heard about his background and said, 'That's the guy I want.' It will force me to work on my ballet."

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90