Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Thread: Tatsuki Machida

Another Japan News article: “Mentally and physically, it was a painful 4½ minutes [the length of the free skate],” Machida said. “It has been a while since I saw myself in such a poor state.”
    http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0001740460

Tatsuki's East Of Eden from the TEB gala. Bizarre fall at the end... he must be really tired. I hope he gives himself time to rest and recharge batteries in time for GPF.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iay56z5fQaI

While I can understand why he chose to skate on EOE in the galas, it's too similar to his competitive programs. Can't help hoping for a different EX later in the season.

To end the TEB weekend on a more positive note, here are a few non dramatic Tatsuki programs.

F-U-Y-A (Cup Of China 2012)
    Happy Feet (Nebelhorn Trophy 2010)
    Find Love (Medalist On Ice 2006)
    Je Te Veux (Prince Ice World 2014)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    Tatsuki's East Of Eden from the TEB gala. Bizarre fall at the end... he must be really tired. I hope he gives himself time to rest and recharge batteries in time for GPF.

While I can understand why he chose to skate on EOE in the galas, it's too similar to his competitive programs. Can't help hoping for a different EX later in the season.

To end the TEB weekend on a more positive note, here are a few non dramatic Tatsuki programs.

Yes, I have read more than one post in this forum asking if Tatsuki has skated programs other than dramatic ones. .

Thanks for the links and updates ionap. Also wishing Tatsuki a good rest before the GPF and Japan Nationals.

Rinkside
    I'd like to add one more program, Concierto de Aranjuez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1IsEgNwaYM

OMG his "Find Love" he looked very different and seem really different from his artistry now. And he looked so hawt!!!.

I didn;t know he was this hot before.

After several rumors about Tatsuki retiring after this season and/or continuing until Pyeongchang, he finally made a statement upon his arrival in Japan earlier today.
    http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLSS...21C14A1000000/

He says he is not 100% certain he wants to compete for another 4 years and he will just go with the flow and see what happens.

By then he's what 28? He should and I pray that he will I still think he deserves an olympic medal in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
    By then he's what 28? He should and I pray that he will I still think he deserves an olympic medal in his career.
    He did say Sochi was his first and last Olympics but it's probably going to depend on the way things will be going in the next 4 years. His body is definitely unable to perform a 2 quad SP or a 3 quad FS.

Custom Title
    He did say Sochi was his first and last Olympics but it's probably going to depend on the way things will be going in the next 4 years. His body is definitely unable to perform a 2 quad SP or a 3 quad FS.
    It's amazing how early skaters have to retire. Athletes in general, I guess, but it seems like they're completely wrecked by the time they're thirty. I'd love to see Machida keep going, but in the end I want what's best for him. There's always ice shows =D

Custom Title
    After several rumors about Tatsuki retiring after this season and/or continuing until Pyeongchang, he finally made a statement upon his arrival in Japan earlier today.
    http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLSS...21C14A1000000/

He says he is not 100% certain he wants to compete for another 4 years and he will just go with the flow and see what happens.
    That's no answer at all, Tatsuki.

Imo, he doesn't need a 2-quad SP or 3-quad LP to be competitive. I think the sport's "advancement," jumping-wise, has been overhyped. There were many reports of crazy jumping layouts over the summer, but so far none of them have panned out, and we're still on the semi-clean 2-quad LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    That's no answer at all, Tatsuki.

Imo, he doesn't need a 2-quad SP or 3-quad LP to be competitive. I think the sport's "advancement," jumping-wise, has been overhyped. There were many reports of crazy jumping layouts over the summer, but so far none of them have panned out, and we're still on the semi-clean 2-quad LP.
    I totally agree. But it's still another 4 years so who knows. He definitely changed his mind though, he was determined to retire at the end of this season at first.

Custom Title
    I will just take joy in Tatsuki's skating in the here and now, knowing a lot can happen between this season and the Olympics in 2018. I read a post expressing concern for Tatsuki, saying that Tatsuki may be pushing himself too hard on the thinking that this season is his best chance to reach for the brass ring. The kind of effort it takes
    to reach for the very top can be extremely demanding and draining so I understand if he cannot fully
    commit until Pyeongchang.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    I will just take joy in Tatsuki's skating in the here and now, knowing a lot can happen between this season and the Olympics in 2018. I read a post expressing concern for Tatsuki, saying that Tatsuki may be pushing himself too hard on the thinking that this season is his best chance to reach for the brass ring. The kind of effort it takes
    to reach for the very top can be extremely demanding and draining so I understand if he cannot fully
    commit until Pyeongchang.
    I feel the same way and I agree he's pushing himself too hard, this is exactly what happened at TEB. He skated a clean FS in practice the day he arrived in Bordeaux (with a 3A and a 3F-2T-2Lo combo in the second half and everything), he even landed a clean quad right in front of the camera in the 6 minute warm up but imploded when it most mattered. I believe the article also suggested he hurt his ankle when he fell on the opening 4T but he says he's fine.

28 is still a viable age to medal an olympics.. And he's right I guess now he just needs to go with the flow and remain competitive with all the advancements this sport will eventually lead through. Brian Joubert at 30 was still able to do 2 quads in his long program this year. Plushenko was a 4time olympian in his prime. If machida sustains his competitive state through the years i'll bet my fortunes for him to win a medal at the pyeongchang 2018. I wish him the best as always!

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35