Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Results 1,216 to 1,220 of 1220

Thread: Tatsuki Machida

Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    Who was it who decided that the jump order was not to be changed even in the case of an error? Because it seems to me that this is what hurt him so much in points, especially at Nationals. He missed his Combos and did not try to add them in anywhere else. I know he wanted to be true to the 'work of art' that his program was. But as a competitive athlete shouldn't he have gone for the points anyway? I don't think it would have ruined the program to have stuck another 3T on the end of one of the latter jumps.
    He would have been on the podium then, and maybe even stayed for Worlds.
    He didn't change the layout because he didn't want to, even if he lost everything. This is a challenge he took at the beginning of this season, to make "a program that has never been seen before". The jumps are carefully placed in time with the music and I even saw a drawing made by a fan on twitter that showed how his layout had the shape of a star if you looked at it from above. This is a layout he was perfectly capable to do in practice and his biggest challenge was to do it with an audience and this is something he valued more than medals. It was more like fighting himself rather than fighting his competitors and to be frank he's been doing this during his whole career. The ideals he set often had nothing to do with getting medals (declining his Worlds spot is proof of that) and this is one of the things that made him so different from the rest.

Tatsuki will be skating at Dreams On Ice on June 13 and 14. This show should also be televised by Fuji TV. No info on the other cast members but I expect Yuzuru, Akiko, Nobu, Takahito, Satoko, Rika and Haruka among others.

Source

Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    Tatsuki will be skating at Dreams On Ice on June 13 and 14. This show should also be televised by Fuji TV. No info on the other cast members but I expect Yuzuru, Akiko, Nobu, Takahito, Satoko, Rika and Haruka among others.

Source
    Sounds great. We're going to have another treat after the ice show series in April. The show seems even bigger than the upcoming one based on the possible cast.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Source
    yes please

Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    He didn't change the layout because he didn't want to, even if he lost everything. This is a challenge he took at the beginning of this season, to make "a program that has never been seen before". The jumps are carefully placed in time with the music and I even saw a drawing made by a fan on twitter that showed how his layout had the shape of a star if you looked at it from above. This is a layout he was perfectly capable to do in practice and his biggest challenge was to do it with an audience and this is something he valued more than medals. It was more like fighting himself rather than fighting his competitors and to be frank he's been doing this during his whole career. The ideals he set often had nothing to do with getting medals (declining his Worlds spot is proof of that) and this is one of the things that made him so different from the rest.
    Even though it is painful to watch Tatsuki bombing his planed jumps in the FS segment at GPF, I feel there was still a beauty in it. He did everything possibly he could do at that time, so his struggles look to my eyes like "mankind's struggles and agony" in the grand music. Some people said the Beethoven music is not a wise choice for him with balletic style or even as a figure skating program (admittedly we don't often see Beethoven's music in figure skating), Tatsuki's choice is like he wanted to stick to his vision, so tenaciously fighting to fate rather than going easy like submitting to fate. I would probably get disappointed if my other favorite skaters don't try to add a second jump to originally planned single one or don't improvise a thing to catch up their missed points if they blow away their planned combo or other jumps, calling them "not trying hard enough". However as for Tatsuki, I didn't and just accepted the reality that he is who he is, and always ever will be. I don't know why such leniency applied to Tatsuki only, maybe because I don't want him to compromise the layout to get more points or the original layout is what I felt connected to him.
    Last edited by inside edges; Today at 12:16 AM.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82