Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Tatsuki Machida

Cheering Wildly from the stands
    Can't wait! Will Machida crush Hanyu as planned?

This is a rivalry that will be most interesting and amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by jimeonji View Post
    News clip with Tatsuki talking about his new FS. It's short and includes some practice clips but it's mostly jumps/spins. We can't hear the actual music either.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2869k5
    A translation of what he said (with help from this source)

I have decided to perform Beethoven's Symphony No.9 this season. It may be eccentric. Because when I'm on the ice I'm always skating by myself, and if I allow myself to be overwhelmed by the power of the chorus, my performance will end in failure. So I think this choice with chorus demands enormous resolution and effort.

only here for my juniors jimeonji's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    A translation of what he said (with help from this source)
    thank you for the translation!

I think with this comment, we can expect to hear vocals. I hope the power of the music won't be overbearing on him.

Custom Title
    A longer program talking about Machida's upcoming season

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k66WtFzTYeJaQB97wGo

Ok, you can add me as a fan. I just think he is beautiful on ice. I especially took notice at worlds last season as he has a quality to his skating that drew me in. He is so artistic and strong. Looking forward to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by lefeury View Post
    Ok, you can add me as a fan. I just think he is beautiful on ice. I especially took notice at worlds last season as he has a quality to his skating that drew me in. He is so artistic and strong. Looking forward to this season.
    Welcome! Skate America is already next weekend, soon we will finally see his new programs

Custom Title
    Finally seeing some footage of the new and improved Machida-san! From that dailymotion clip they mentioned unique footwork at the beginning of his jumps and trying to make the entries more difficult to up his GOEs. His jumps look very strong. I am looking forward to a good rivalry between him and Hanyu-san.

Custom Title
    Well it seems the GP season in really upon us now. Here's an additional video and translation of what to expect from Tatsuki this season, and yes, his anticipated rivalry with Yuzuru promises to be a feature of that. To newbiespectator's description of that rivalry as "most interesting and amusing," and firal's "good," I will add "riveting" and "intriguing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAUemiDpsA

-Any thoughts on your new programs for this season?
    These new programs are good vehicles to win over Hanyu, in the case I deliver them very well. The programs themselves are good enough ones to beat him. The point is how well I will deliver them.
    -Is the presence of Hanyu big in yourself?
    I owe my skating in the last season to his skating. We made debuts in the senior field in the same season. He is younger than me by five years, though. I'm aiming at catching up with him and possively beat him in the case there is any room.
    -Any theme for this season?
    Machida(in the press conference for GPS): The theme for my new SP is 'far north of tragic love' and for LP is 'far north of symphonic skating'.
    Telop: Kyokuhoku(=far north) means to reach the extremity of something.
    Machida: 'Far north' is the word to embrace in my mind all through this season.
    -The reason why you picked this word?
    Machida: I really want to pursue the extremity of my expression. No going forward, no improvements. The pieces for this season are based on the combination of 'the tradition in myself' and 'the revolution in myself'.
    -Can you show us any impressive movements in the new programs right now?
    Machida: Oh, what I can tell you now is "Please watch me in Skate Amerika". I wish you'll imagine the scenery from my movements. There are lots of moments, cool and beautiful.

Thanks to rosewood for the above link and the translation! (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde...i.91545/page-9, post #255)

As always, thanks to jimeonji and ionap for the links and translations earlier in this thread.

Thank you for sharing the translation, Maria. So his "far north" theme does actually mean "extremity" here? That's how I interpreted but I was still having doubts.

Custom Title
    I would think so ionap. I also think that like Daisuke, you are too modest and that your Japanese is above beginner level as you get the nuances that can be lost in translation.

When I first read the article of the GP press conference, google was translating that kanji as "north pole" or even "arctic" and I thought that can't be taken literally in this context Kanjis often have multiple meanings so I searched to see which meaning was the right one.

I'm thrilled to see Tatsuki so excited about his programs and it sounds like he's worked and put his heart into them so I hope they turn out well. They're both a challenge for him and I can't wait to see his portrayal of love and extreme symphony.

Custom Title
    Did he said anything what jump layout he will have ?

According to this article, Tatsuki has been practicing 4Lz and 4-4 this summer but won't include any of them in competition. He's also focused on polishing his current technique and the expression and maturity of the programs.
    http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20141...50189000c.html

only here for my juniors jimeonji's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    According to this article, Tatsuki has been practicing 4Lz and 4-4 this summer but won't include any of them in competition. He's also focused on polishing his current technique and the expression and maturity of the programs.
    http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20141...50189000c.html
    thank you for the info. I took a look at the article without running it through translate and saw 4-4 and got really confused. It seems that he is still pushing himself technically despite being on the older side. He definitely has a very strong desire to win - and I hope he does! I hope he makes this season his season.

Quote Originally Posted by shingalas View Post
    A longer program talking about Machida's upcoming season

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k66WtFzTYeJaQB97wGo
    Here's a summary of this program, translated by rosewood of FSU

Narrator: Machida says that something new is waiting for him in book stores.
    Machida(at a book store): First of all I hang around the section for newly published books. I watch the rankings as well. When I found a book with a cover which gives me a big impact, I can't pass by without picking it up. For example, the cover on this book looks quite interesting, it has an impact.(The book's title is ’Illness without any parasitic worm’ and its cover has something which looks like a big worm on it). I love space and the depth of the ocean. I love the world where lots of mysteries are left unsolved.

Narrator: Sometimes books give him inspirations for new pieces. For example, he choreographed an ex program by himself inspired by a best-selling novel 'Byakuyako' by Keigo Higashino. Machida played the role of a young man who was tossed about by the fate. He did everything by himself- choreography, costumes, bloody red painting on his hand, and even lighting plan, to fully express the world in 'Byakuyako'. Also he skated East of Eden in the last season inspired by the novel. It became one of his best programs. What kind of programs will he skate in this season? Nobunari Oda interviews with him.

Machida(in the press conference for GPS): My short program is to Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra, and long program to Symphony No. 9 by Beethoven.
    Narrator: Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra is well known as the music Mao Asada skated to when she won the first title in Worlds(2007-2008). And Symphony No. 9 by Beethoven is know to everyone.
    Machida: Although both of the musics are already very popular, I want to own them.

Nobu(as a interviewer): In what process did you pick these musics?
    Machida: I've wanted to skate to these musics for long. I was not confident enough to use them till last season. But I came to feel I can use them in this season.
    Nobu: Did the experiences in the Olympic season give you lots of confidence?
    Machida: Well, yes. And also I have more confidence in the certain field that I can express than before. I feel I can use these musics within the field.

Narrator: Although he announced the musics, he keeps his programs totally in secret so far. Windows in the rink are covered with curtains and screens.
    Machida(at the rink): In a sense it's still the preparatory period. I don't want the half-finished pieces to be public. I have strong wishes to make debuts of the finished programs on the official stage.

Nobu: Do you challenge anything in your new programs?
    Machida: Like you did some challenges such as unique entrances into jumps and better air positions in jumps when you were competitive skater, I'll go on the same way. I want to improve and give originality to the elements.

Narrator(showing his training at the rink): This is his daily routine. But if you look his training closely, you'll see some tips of his new programs. The key is the unique movements during the entrance into jumps such as jumping up immediately after difficult turns, and jumping up immediately after the difficult position to keep balance.
    Oda's comment during the training clip: His strategy is push up the quality in both of his jumps and the programs themselves. He'll be able to receive higher PCS, especially in TR.
    Narrator: His strategy is to receive higher GOEs and PCS marks by adding unique transitions. But this strategy has big risks as well.
    Machida(somewhere outside of the rink): Everything I wished to have is packed in the new program. On one hand I felt like "Wow, it's a great piece" after finishing the choreography, I was very satisfied with the wonderful piece. But, on the other hand, I regretted like "Why I didn't leave room to keep my stamina?"

Narrator: Machida says his new program is an ideal one which has everything he wished to do. But it's the tough one to skate all through. Why does he want to skate such tough program? The reason is the presence of the Olympic gold medalist Yuzuru Hanyu who is younger than him by five years.
    Nobu: What means the presence of Hanyu to you?
    Machida: He always tries to push the boundaries of himself or even this sport. That's why I respect him so much. And he gives me inspirations to do my best.

Narration: Hanyu accomplished the grand-slam including OGM in the last season. He has a plan to include three quads in his new LP. He never satisfied with winning the crown and never stop improving his skating. Machida has been inspired by Hanyu a lot. Machida has never beaten Hanyu. However, he won silver in his first appearance at Worlds in the last season. The distance of the scores between Machida and Hanyu was only 0.33. He reached the point very close to Hanyu at last. In the press conference for GPS Machida said an unexpected phrase "I will knock him down!" :revenge:
    Hanyu: I was told "I will knock you down" by him. :lol: Actually we are in good relationships. My take is that we are inspiring to each other and push ourselves up to the higher level.
    Machida: When "knock" of "knock down" came out of my mouth, I thought "Oh, gosh! This phrase must be too much," but it was too late to stop, and I let myself go with the whole phrase. :D:saint: Well, I don't deny the fact that I have a thought in myself that I want to beat him. I aim at winning {the Worlds} if he leaves a room. I'll do my best to overwhelm him.

Narration: (the review of the strategies of Machida and Hanyu in this season)
    Machida: There is no room left for me to get another quad in my arsenal. In the different way[from Hanyu]
    I set very high hurdles in myself. I'll do my best to achieve my goals. It would be great if people see me achieving the goals.

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast