Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tatsuki Machida

tripping on the toe pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    It still amazes me that for all the utter confidence he projects on the ice, Tatsuki seems so soft-spoken and shy, almost diffident, off it. I noticed during the interview that he kept his eyes mostly downcast, while Yuzuru seemed more at ease before the media.
    From the 2012 interview:

When asked  how he he would describe himself, Machida paused for a  moment before saying,  “Nobody has ever asked me about that. I think I am quiet and shy, but I am different on the ice. I like to show emotions to the audience, but overall I’m an average person.”

Aaaaaaw...

As far as his hilarious characterization of Yuzu goes... As everybody who is familiar with Monty Python should know, it's the little furry creatures that you should watch out for. That killer bunny really was LETHAL!
    Now, think about a fierce mouse wielding a pair of sharp blades... Yup, the lion's going down.

But really, anybody who survives the Japanese nationals and makes it to the Japanese team is a tough cookie.

Custom Title
    [/QUOTE] When asked  how he he would describe himself, Machida paused for a  moment before saying,  “Nobody has ever asked me about that. I think I am quiet and shy, but I am different on the ice. I like to show emotions to the audience, but overall I’m an average person.”

Aaaaaaw...

But really, anybody who survives the Japanese nationals and makes it to the Japanese team is a tough cookie.[/QUOTE]

Sort of like Tatsuki's gala exhibition at Sochi where he switched from the nerdy professorial type to air guitar strumming rocker. Tatsuki obviously knows himself well: in the words of British Euosport commentators, he is a man comfortable in his own skin. Well, he fascinates me even more!

[/QUOTE] As far as his hilarious characterization of Yuzu goes... As everybody who is familiar with Monty Python should know, it's the little furry creatures that you should watch out for. That killer bunny really was LETHAL!
    Now, think about a fierce mouse wielding a pair of sharp blades... Yup, the lion's going down. [/QUOTE]

Poor Yuzuru. Over at the Yuzuru thread, he has been compared to a squirrel, and now Tatsuki likened him to a mouse. Quite a long way from Romeo.

Anyway goes to show that both Tatsuki and Yuzuru are certainly good for soundbites. Just recalling Tatsuki's vow to "CRUSH" Yuzuru this coming season gives me a chuckle, and not because I think it's beyond Tatsuki. Good it's all in the spirit of healthy. friendly competition!

tripping on the toe pick
    Poor Yuzuru. Over at the Yuzuru thread, he has been compared to a squirrel, and now Tatsuki likened him to a mouse.
    Umm... I'm afraid the one comparing him to a squirrel was me...

I guess great minds think alike!

Custom Title
    Is it true that Machida will retired after next season?
    http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/masqueradewaltz/11975600.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nimi View Post
    Umm... I'm afraid the one comparing him to a squirrel was me...

I guess great minds think alike!
    Super Squirrel and Mighty Mouse

tripping on the toe pick
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Is it true that Machida will retired after next season?
    http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/masqueradewaltz/11975600.html
    Yes, he has said he will retire before the next Olympics, most likely after the next season. But who knows, he might change his mind.

@MariaVictoria: Well, after all he does train with Super Javi...

Custom Title
    Yes, he has said he will retire before the next Olympics, most likely after the next season. But who knows, he might change his mind.
    Yes, I read he has said Sochi will be his first and last Olympics. Let's wait and see.

[/QUOTE]@MariaVictoria: Well, after all he does train with Super Javi... [/QUOTE]

Rinkside

The great choreographer Phillip Mills (who sat with Machida at Worlds kiss&cry) has praised his "purity of movement", which is what I most love about Machida's skating.

Custom Title
    https://31.media.tumblr.com/a54c3484...l1fco7_500.jpg

Tatsuki with his TJ teammates at the April 11 Sapporo ice show. They were supposed to hold each other's hands while raising their arms but Tatsuki can only manage to hold up to Yuzuru's and Kanako's wrists.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    https://31.media.tumblr.com/a54c3484...l1fco7_500.jpg

Tatsuki with his TJ teammates at the April 11 Sapporo ice show. They were supposed to hold each other's hands while raising their arms but Tatsuki can only manage to hold up to Yuzuru's and Kanako's wrists.
    Mao can only held up Yuzuru's wrists, too. They look much better in white T-Shirt than their costumes. Lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Mao can only held up Yuzuru's wrists, too. They look much better in white T-Shirt than their costumes. Lol
    Simplicity vs. ornamentation (feathers for Tatsuki and rhinestones for Yuzuru).

I think Mao is even taller than Tatsuki!

Custom Title
    Tatsuki's 2014 Nagoya festival exhibition with his Worlds East of Eden SP as encore. Wearing plain long-sleeved white shirt and black pants.

He really feels the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGBAF...layer_embedded

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Tatsuki's 2014 Nagoya festival exhibition with his Worlds East of Eden SP as encore. Wearing plain long-sleeved white shirt and black pants.

He really feels the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGBAF...layer_embedded
    I would rather they all wearing white or black shirt from now on. No more costumes.

Custom Title
    Oh that would take away a lot of the entertainment value of figure skating! No more best-worst costume critiques!

Custom Title
    Simplicity vs. ornamentation (feathers for Tatsuki and rhinestones for Yuzuru).

I think Mao is even taller than Tatsuki!
    And the internet says:
    Mao 1.63
    Tatsuki 1.62 (so close)
    Kanaki 1.62 (her arms must be long)
    Yuzuru 1.71 (I think he is at least 1 inche taller but internet does´t tell me)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast