Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Tatsuki Machida

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    ^Tall dark and handsome. Looks good in (with) Vera Wang.
    LOL

What I don't like is that people on these boards have described Tatsuki as "poor man's Dai" etc, when the two have quite a different way of expressing themselves. Both are dancers on ice, but Dai has theatrical flair (not to mention theatrical hair!) whereas Tatsuki has a more classical approach and quiet elegance. Both have fire, but it comes out in a different way. Dai on ice is more extroverted and immediate - like you said, he has wattage - but when Tatsuki's on, he certainly skates with fire in his heart and you can see he really feels the music with his whole body.
    I get where are you comming from:
    Dai--- Drama as in theater, acting. not a big fan of the hair
    Machida--- Contemporary dance

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    I am just thinking, Tasuki is a cute name in Japanese. It's a boy name but I can't help but thinking of a petite girl when I hear his name. Tasuko is the equivalence of this name for a girl if I remember correctly. I would not surprised if his father/mother and relative call him Tatchan (intimate names for relatives to call) How cute! I know about this from reading manga anyways.

tripping on the toe pick
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    not a big fan of the hair
    *gasps*

Oh well. I hope we can - at the very least - agree that The Machida Mullet circa 2008 was not a successful aesthetic choice.

ETA: Does anybody know any nicknames given to Tatsuki by Team Japan members, other than Philosopher?

Quote Originally Posted by nimi View Post
    ETA: Does anybody know any nicknames given to Tatsuki by Team Japan members, other than Philosopher?
    Nick name is different from intimate names I suppose. In Japan, boy's names are often shorten and we add -kun after that. For example: Tatsuki = Tatsu-kun or Yuzuru = Yuzu-kun
    And -chan is used for the girl, (-san is formal)

But sometimes, when you are really close to someone, you call them -chan or -kun regardless of the gender. Some bosses call his underlings -kun even though they are females. Some friends or sisters call their friends -chan even though they are males.

So someone might call Tatsuki "Tatchan" in a teasing way. They might call Yuzuru "Yuchan", too. But usually, that person has to be very close, like mother, sister or girlfriend I suppose.

Anyways, Tatchan sounds really cute.

tripping on the toe pick
    ^ Thanks for the info!

Given that on these boards we often talk about Yuzu and Dai and Taka and Nobu, it is actually a bit surprising nobody has been calling him Tatsu yet. He deserves a forum nickname, too!

...also, I am kinda lazy when I'm typing, so shortened names are nice...

Custom Title
    *gasps*

Oh well. I hope we can - at the very least - agree that The Machida Mullet circa 2008 was not a successful aesthetic choice.

Everytime I see Dai´s hair I think in this image http://www.theanimegallery.com/data/.../tAG_39344.jpg

I´m sure all the men of Team Japan are gonna look at the hair they have when young and regret it one day (I mean Yuzuru´s Mushroom/Plushenko´s hair, Tatsuki´s mullet...) I think the only one that has keep decent hair all his life (at least as far as I can remember) is Nobunari.

tripping on the toe pick
    Everytime I see Dai´s hair I think in this image http://www.theanimegallery.com/data/.../tAG_39344.jpg

I´m sure all the men of Team Japan are gonna look at the hair they have when young and regret it one day (I mean Yuzuru´s Mushroom/Plushenko´s hair, Tatsuki´s mullet...)
    Is it all Plushenko influence? Hmmm...

Is it all Plushenko influence? Hmmm...
    No, I am sure they only have not a good taste. Their choices of costume could be the example.

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    I´m sure all the men of Team Japan are gonna look at the hair they have when young and regret it one day
    I'm quite certain that phenomenon is not limited to the men of Team Japan (most people are just lucky enough that their sins of the youth are not kept for posterity by mass media... I know I have some photos I wish wouldn't exist let alone have them spread all over the internet)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    I'm quite certain that phenomenon is not limited to the men of Team Japan (most people are just lucky enough that their sins of the youth are not kept for posterity by mass media... I know I have some photos I wish wouldn't exist let alone have them spread all over the internet)
    Well yeah, the diference is nobody ever is gonna be interesting in looking at my high school picture... But to Yuzuru that hair and costumes are gonna hount him F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

Custom Title
    *gasps*

I think Tatsuki is called "Matchy" (まっちー) by Team Japan. People whose surnames are "Machida" are often called that.
    But I heard Daisuke call him "Tatsuki" and Yuzuru call him "Tatsuki-kun" so maybe not all of them all the time.

Custom Title
    ^Thanks for the info mikaboo.

"Matchy" brings to my mind the image of a matchstick which would have been fitting had Tatsuki continued with that bouffant ("mushroom') haristyle he's been sporting for most of the last season. (Hehe, realize we keep on discussing the Japanese male figure skaters and their hair, which perhaps deserves a separate thread all its own .)

tripping on the toe pick
    ^ Matchy sounds fine, and it sort of echos the Firebird theme!

Everybody who finds adorkable pics of Matchy&co's hairdos should definitely post them in the Team Japan thread.

Not studying at the moment
    LOL I was thinking of matcha when you guys suggested Matchy but anyway I hope we get to see more of his fiery elegance in his future programs!

Custom Title
    ^ Matcha green tea! Matches his Japanese heritage. OK enough puns... for now

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast