what should Carolina Kostner skate this year? | Golden Skate

what should Carolina Kostner skate this year?

daphna

On the Ice
So far I'm not impressed with her 2013-4 programms. they are a step back , IMO.
I wish she skated her 2012 SP (Shostakovich) and 2013 LP (Bolero, used very few times).

elif

Medalist
Yes, her programs were always interesting and different. I can imagine her skating something like Gold's SP. This season's choices is just not like Kostner.

SP:Riders on the Storm
LP:Bolero

I know SP isn't realistic because of the technical elements changed but this was just perfect.:love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nb3v18zQ5E

Moment

Final Flight
Lori Nichol seems to be sabotaging a lot of skaters, most notably Carolina and a bunch of Chinese skaters, with her crap choreography.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I lover her 2013 Worlds Program especially the SP
bring it back !!

she still has 2 months to rework programs before Euros

penguin

On the Ice
I loved her Mozart free and think she could get more out of Bolero since she didn't skate it very much. But I have an honest question about skaters keeping old programs -- isn't that seen as a negative thing? I see a lot of posts on this site wishing that skaters would use an old program again, but there's also the flip side -- when I see skaters repeating a program from one year to another, a tiny part of me thinks, "Oh they're not good enough to do a new program every year, they need extra time to get their programs presentable when all the other skaters manage to present new programs every season."

zamboni step

Final Flight
If we're talking about reworking two old programs I actually think Bolero would make a better Short Program and her Mozart program was just perfect the way it was. :love: I don't think her short program needs changing though, it carries a huge nostalgic, sentimental charge that is perfect for a farewell program and it has the typical projection of ease and joy that Kostner brings onto the ice.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Lori Nichol seems to be sabotaging a lot of skaters, most notably Carolina and a bunch of Chinese skaters, with her crap choreography.

Agreed. If I was a top skater I wouldn't go to Lori Nichol now if she was the last choreographer on earth. I think she's just coasting now. I can't think of any program by her, for any skater this season, that is a worthy vehicle. Last season same thing IMO.

jennyanydots

On the Ice
I don't think it matters. If she lands the jumps she will score well regardless of the program due to her performance and skating skills. I like that she decided to develop new programs although I love her programs from the past few seasons. But as a selfish fan I would like to see as much material from her as possible especially since this is her last competitive season. That was also kind of the rationale for Daisuke Takahashi changing his SP last year. Isn't it ironic that skaters are blasted for reusing old programs as well as new getting new ones. Guess you can't please everyone, nor should you try. It's her right to use whatever program she wants.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Oh she should count her lucky stars she missed the final. Now she has time either to refine the elements of her current programs or bring back last years programs which seem to be better vehicles...The choice is hers,she just needs to commit as soon as she's figured herself out....

Amei

Record Breaker
I don't know what she should skate to, expect for: not what she is skating to.

I agree the performances are a step back from what she has been doing.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The current Scherezade program is such a tired idea, with a poor music cut and forgettable choreography (aside from the Spiral at the end). The first half of the program has the EXACT SAME layout as her Bolero program. Completely lazy choreography. The spins don't work with the music at all.

She should return to the Bolero program, include the new Spiral highlight, and change the order of the jumps so that she can hit them with more consistency -- put 3Lutz, 3Loop, 3Flip+3Toe in the first half, then put 3Sal at the start of the second half (in the part where she sets up a jump with almost no speed), and put 2Axel at the very end of the program. If she's really gunning for Olympic Gold, then she should try 2Axel+3Toe instead of 3Toe+2Toe as well.

I think she should keep the Short Program, but a couple small modifications would be helpful. Also, for the SP in general, she really needs to be going for 3Flip+3Toe. Half of the time she falls on the 3Toe+3Toe anyway; she might as well get some extra base value.

lcd

Match Penalty
Loved her Bolero program and it probably did not get its full justice/ultimate performance given the unfortunately timed nose bleed she endured during Worlds