Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NBC Coverage - November 24, 2013

Custom Title
    The ladies was preempted here, but, at least, got to see the men.

No, but I do give to the local shelters and sometimes we foster dogs....once I did give to the humane society for the dogs abandoned during Katrina and they spent my money on postage trying to get me to give more.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    So, did anyone else pick up the phone and make a contribution to the Humane Society?

OUCH!!!!! I HATE that kind of thing....used to see it all the time..."We now join the skating in progress...right after MK skated....
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    The ladies was preempted here, but, at least, got to see the men.

I can't watch the commercials. I cry. I want to help VERY much and cannot. I leave when the starving children commercials come on. Strangely, the animals only get shown during figure skating, wonder why? It kills me. My cat eats for three-he is huge.

Custom Title
    Carolina's costumes have always been distracting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I love your commentators! I wish we had our own Tara and Johnny for commenting..*sigh*
    First time watching NBC coverage this season (honestly surprised skating is still on TV these days), and pleasantly surprised by Johnny and Tara. Question for koatcue or anyone else who speaks Russian: is the Russian male commentator for the Sport channel any good? I was curious because whenever I watch the linked Russian videos, it seems he talks on and on in a rather dour tone of voice, but it could just be that I don't understand Russian. Is anything he is saying interesting or informative, and does he actually sound negative/bored in Russian?

That Humane Society commercial seemed like it came on every break...boy are they tear jerking and depressing, yikes. Maybe they are only on during skating to appeal to Ashley Wagner's cat ladies...

I rather like Carolina's short program costume, but that long program one is a bit of a disaster. Hope she changes it before Europeans.

Charitable organizations like the Humane Society must wrestle with the problem that Coyote Chris brought up -- if they spend all their money on fund raising, then there is nothing left for their charitable works. Advertising on ice skating shows, especially family shows like this one, guarantees an audience of big softies who are ripe for an emotional appeal. Plus, the ads don't cost nearly as much as on prime time. Good strategy for a noble cause.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    They might do better to advertise on the coverage of the Westminster Dog Show, which was on on Thanksgiving.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    They might do better to advertise on the coverage of the Westminster Dog Show, which was on on Thanksgiving.
    National Dog Show. Westminster is in February - usually conflicts with Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    National Dog Show. Westminster is in February - usually conflicts with Olympics.
    Good. If things get too tense, I can always switch channels to watch the dogs....hope I don't have to, though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2