Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emanuel Sandhu

Emanuel Sandhu

Is he planning on competing this season again? I hadn't heard anything lately. I hope we get to see him again!

Custom Title
    I read that he didn't compete at the BC trial competitions- so no - but he was the coach of some novice teams who did.

On the Ice
    Sandhu did register for BC Sectionals since he was on the original entry list. If there are 4 or fewer competitors in an event, the skaters will automatically advance even if they don't skate. Only 3 BC men competed in Seniors, so technically Sandhu could show up at Challenge in December if he wants to skate. I have no idea what he plans to do though.

Hmmm...I hope he does Challenge!

Emman is an artist. I hope he will do some show skating in future?

Custom Title
    Emanuel Sandhu is on the entry list for Skate Canada Challenge
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2...tartOrders.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    Emanuel Sandhu is on the entry list for Skate Canada Challenge
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2...tartOrders.pdf
    Yeah, I noticed that today, too.

I enjoyed him a lot when he was in his prime, even though he was certainly a frustrating skater to root for. And he wasn't too bad on SYTYCD either. I know I've said this already, but it's too bad there's not really a pro circuit anymore.

Custom Title
    Interesting. I think his chances of making the Olympics are slim, he's not in his prime anymore (for skating), and the battle for the second and third spot will be pretty intense. Though Reynolds (what's up with him? I haven't heard much about him this year), is probably the best bet for third if he's still on the scene.

I agree it's too bad there's not much of a pro circuit. I wonder sometimes if he could have benefitted more from a no-nonsense coach who would tell him to leave the excuses and get it together.

Custom Title
    Eman and Shown should be two of the best show skaters in the world. They had their weaknesses as competitors but they are both extremely talented and unique artists on ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Eman and Shown should be two of the best show skaters in the world. They had their weaknesses as competitors but they are both extremely talented and unique artists on ice.
    Agreed! I've seen Shawn perform live, he's a natural show man. I'm sure Emanuel would be, too! He was always expressive and creative.

Custom Title
    I would be so happy if Emanuel would finish third and get a place for the Sochi team.
    He is the one that I'm rooting for the bronze at national

Custom Title
    Well, it may be tough but not impossible. Personally, I'd love to be able to go into a time machine and put Emanuel at his peak against Patrick, that would be an interesting showdown. I'd like to see Emanuel become a choreographer, that'd be something he'd be great at!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop1 View Post
    Interesting. I think his chances of making the Olympics are slim, he's not in his prime anymore (for skating), and the battle for the second and third spot will be pretty intense. Though Reynolds (what's up with him? I haven't heard much about him this year), is probably the best bet for third if he's still on the scene.

I agree it's too bad there's not much of a pro circuit. I wonder sometimes if he could have benefitted more from a no-nonsense coach who would tell him to leave the excuses and get it together.
    Huh? Reynolds has had boot problems and this is kind of scarey he has not skated. He was fifth at worlds so one wonders if he is in any competitive shape. But right now wouldn't he be Canada's no.2 guy still considering how weak the next skaters are??? I wouldn't say Reynolds was best bet for third but second. Third is wide open. Jeremy Ten has not show he has a consistent triple axel and really stopped improving. Elijah has not lived up to his hype with jumps or artistry. It looks like even if Reynolds did poorly he would still get third as Canada's men are lacking in the talent area after Chan with Reynolds now a huge question mark. Remember he has to get past three japanese men, Javier and Patrick and this assumes he can beat the Chinese, French and a Russian. I would reuse last year's programs under the circumstances.

I think Reynolds will probably get 2nd no matter what. The battle for third will be between Rogozine, Balde, Ten, and maybe Firus.

Custom Title
    I didn't know Reynolds was having boot problems,. I googled the 2013-14 Grand Prix Series and he wasn't in any competitions. Not a good sign. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end, especially after his fifth place at Worlds.

I think Patrick is the only contender for a medal in Sochi, the other two are there for the experience, safe to say (unless Sandhu surprises and wins a medal) it will be their first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast