Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Article on Yuna Kim: "Skating queen fully healed"

Oh, I doubt skating early will affect her chances. Recall Shen and Zhao skated first in the SP in Vancouver and it didn't seem to hurt them all that badly.

She's Yu Na Kim. If she lays down the performance, she'll get the marks.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    Oh, I doubt skating early will affect her chances. Recall Shen and Zhao skated first in the SP in Vancouver and it didn't seem to hurt them all that badly.

She's Yu Na Kim. If she lays down the performance, she'll get the marks.
    Agreed, especially after worlds last year. The judges weren't as generous in the SP at worlds as they usually are b/c they hadn't seen her compete in two years and wanted to ease her back into her top position rather than hand it over...they made her work a little bit and that's okay. I thought she was slightly underscored but not egregiously so. Of course by the end of the competition she was right back to Queen status so no harm no foul.

Of course that won't be the case this time b/c she won worlds in a very convincing fashion and everyone knows without a doubt she is the top dog again. If she hits her SP in Sochi she'll score in the 73-75 range and be right in the mix with the competitors in the latter groups.

Rinkside
    Yuna was apparently nervous during Zagreb, so if she can master her Sochi programs with the confidence she had at World's, she will take gold. All she has to do is fulfil her potential.

Welcome, hikarikame! Thanks for joining us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3