2013 Denkova Staviski cup? | Golden Skate

2013 Denkova Staviski cup?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Here's a link to the announcement
http://www.uisuliit.ee/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Announcement-Denkova-Staviski-Cup-2013-updated.pdf

And they have a results page!

http://clubdenkovastaviski.com/DSCup_2013_ISU/index.htm

Senior Men entered
1 Manuel KOLL AUT
2 Pavel IGNATENKO BLR
3 Manol ATANSSOV BUL
4 Daniel NIKOLOV BUL
5 Iassen PETKOV BUL
6 Julian LAGUS FIN
7 Chafik BESSEGHIER FRA
8 Pierre NOEL-ANTOINE FRA
9 Maurizo ZANDRON ITA
10 Kim LUCINE MON
11 Ali DEMIRBOGA TUR
12 Misha GE UZB

Senior Ladies entered
1 Anna AFONKINA BUL
2 Daniela STOEVA BUL
3 Alexandra YORDANOVA BUL
4 Tamila SHRESTHA FIN
5 Helena STENBACKA FIN
6 Cirilly LAURIANE FRA
7 Jessica FUSSINGER GER
8 Luisa WEBER GER
9 Bernadett SZAKA'CS HUN
10 Ami PAREKH IND
11 Clara PETERS IRL
12 Sara CASELLA ITA
13 Victoria MANNI ITA
14 Francecka RIO ITA
15 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA
16 Guia TAGLIAPIETRA ITA
17 Joshi HELGESSON SWE
18 Victoria HELGESSON SWE
19 Birce ATABEY TUR
20 Sila SAYGI TUR

Senior Pairs
1 Vanessa MORGAN / James CIPRES FRA
2 Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA
3 Alessandrina SERNUSCHI / Filippo AMBROSINI ITA

No ice dancers-which is sad, in a cup named after Denkova & Staviski.

If I remember the rules correctly, because there's only 3 pairs competing, the results won't count for ranking points (it has to be at least 4 teams from 3 different countries, I think). :(

And now only Morgan/Cipres are listed (I imagine they will withdraw as well).

There is a second skater ever to represent United Arab Emirates taking part in this event, Amira Abdul Moati (Junior Ladies). :)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Cipres/James wrote on theyre facebook they were going to Bulgaria...

Profi222

Spectator
There is a second skater ever to represent United Arab Emirates taking part in this event, Amira Abdul Moati (Junior Ladies).
Don't expect much. We just started. Also have an injury (I guess, everybody has).

Don't expect much. We just started. Also have an injury (I guess, everybody has).

Oh, I am just really happy to see that skating has started in the United Arab Emirates. At this point it's not about getting high results, it's about giving the skaters some exposure and experience and getting the program off the ground. So best of luck to you! :)

I hope to see more UAE skaters competing internationally (I heard you have applied now for ISU membership?) with time.

P.S. This is Bo Luan and Yao Bin's performance from 1984 Olympics. China's first ever. As you can see, they didn't show a very high standard of skating and they placed dead last. 30 years on, Bo Luan has coached multiple junior world champions and Yao Bin has coached multiple world and olympic champions. You have to start somewhere.

Profi222

Spectator

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thank you SaraM! You are very supportive :)

Though it's Ziggy you should thank here :) Ziggy folllows the smaller nations closely and often writes nice things about not welll known skaters.

Anyway thanks for the information and good to hear you are now a member of ISU. There have been threads about your female skaters before on Golden Skate Forum. Do you have any boys/men skating?

AND GO JOSHI after your looong time with injury troubles. Hope you skate two good programs :yay:

Thank you for all of the information Profi222. It's great to hear UAE is a provisional ISU member now and interesting to read about its history. I hope Amira Abdul Moati can give two performances she will be happy with. :)

Snowflake, I hope both Helgesson sisters can rock here after a rough start to their season.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Viktoria Helgesson is not competing here. Her blog says she is competing at a Swedish competition instead to avoid traveling. She has changed some in her choreography and her goal is doing 3-3 and the 5 different triples.