GPF Daisuke out, Oda in | Golden Skate

GPF Daisuke out, Oda in

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
It's a knee injury (tibia?) on his right foot :( Says it'll take estimated 2 weeks to heal.
I hope he's ok...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
It's a knee injury (tibia?) on his right foot :( Says it'll take estimated 2 weeks to heal.
I hope he's ok...

Ah thanks for the info! I really hope Dai get to skate at the Olympics. I'd love him to medal and have the best memories for his goodbye competition. I hope Japanese nationals work out for him, I really do.

merleice

Rinkside
Aww :( Was so happy he made it to the GPF as its his last season and GPF is in Japan this year. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery!

Becki

Medalist
wow this is heartbreaking...I hope he has a speedy recovery and peak at the Olympics!!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Response to first part of title: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Response to second part of title: YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :party2:

All the best with your recovery Daisuke, and looking forward to seeing you back in action soon. And good luck in the GP Final to Nobu. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

seniorita

Record Breaker
I hope is not a big injury and he just needs more time, it would have been great to skate in home crowd, but at least he can rest and rebuilt for Sochi! :yay:I m happy Oda goes too!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh man, I was worried about something like this happening. Darn quad jumps. This is not good. With everything else Dai has
been dealing with now this official injury. :cry:

This article can be translated by google.

http://www.jiji.com/jc/zc?k=201311/2013112800947&g=spo

He will continue to train off ice but off the ice for at least 2 weeks.

Wishing Dai a speedy recovery.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Forget sochi people, Dai has to make it out of Japanese Nationals and that is a month a way isn't it????

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Aw, I feel horrible for Dai. Great comeback at NHK to make the GPF, and then having to withdraw. :( Hopefully he'll be up to speed by Japanese nationals.

I am however really happy for Nobu. I felt he was a bit robbed of a GPF spot at Skate Canada and even at his own NHK SP. I think he has a shot at medaling at the GPF and Daisuke might have done him a favour in his bid to be the #3 Japanese man if he can outperform Machida.

NMURA

Medalist
I hope is not a big injury and he just needs more time, it would have been great to skate in home crowd, but at least he can rest and rebuilt for Sochi! :yay:I m happy Oda goes too!

It's not a big injury. Even media reports say "needs two weeks of rest and cure." Meaning that he can resume training in two weeks. Maybe Takahashi could have better preparation in this way rather than consuming mental and physical strength in very intensive battles of GPF.

lcd

Match Penalty
I was kind of 'expecting' something like this to happen. For Daisuke, I think it's smart. At this stage in his career, Japanese Nationals and making the team means an immeasurable amount more than any placement at the Grand Prix Final.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Mmmm sad to hear, but its unfortunate timing. will he have enough time to recover in time for National?? What if he can't compete in National, will the federation still sent him to Sochi????

On the lighter note, i'm curious to see which 2 of the trio will be on GPF podium. Oda, Michida or Hanyu...