Takahashi withdraws from GPF | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Takahashi withdraws from GPF

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
CanadianSkaterGuy said:
It seems he's adamant to keep it in there in order to avoid turning his 3Z into a 2A to avoid Zayaking. Points-wise it makes sense, but not if he's unable to land the 4S consistently.

Nope, you're wrong. Hanyu said numerous times that he loves doing and learning quads, that he wants to go for 3 quads in the LP in the future (and he thought about doing it this season already), and that he wants to learn all the different quads (though I think the 4A was half a joke). There were already rumors that he started training a third quad. He isn't simply going for 'as much points as possible', he's going for what he wants to do most because it's what he loves to do.
And again, his 4S is already really consistent in practices. He hit one in the 6min warm-up in Paris. Getting it out there is exactly what he needs to do, even if he still has trouble.

CanadianSkaterGuy said:
...there's absolutely no way he's getting 193 points in his FS. He would have to smash his PB by 16 points... and he's no Patrick Chan. The highest Yuzu has scored on TES in the FS is 91.99 -- you're quite idealistic to think he'll score 104 points of TES.

Who cares if he's Patrick Chan? :rolleye: Yes, NMURA is very optimistic to expect Hanyu to go clean, when he didn't do that so far. But if he would, you could bet he would score about 104 in TES. That's already what he gets when you add the missed points for the 4T and 4S to his TEB TES (87+ with at least +3 for 4T and +10 for 4S, plus the +GOE his jumps can get).
If you want to get Chan into this: Hanyu would never get Chan's PCS. He can beat him in TES though.

doctor2014 said:
For some reason NMURA looks like a big conspiracy theorist who always puts unnecessary pressure on Hanyu.

I agree with this, but...

doctor2014 said:
as Machida is the most favored one by JSF this season.
Hanyu has a little advantage against Oda but they don't care which one comes ahead finally.

...I don't find these to be much better :unsure:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I see "doctor" is afraid of Hanyu so much. Hanyu has the highest TES potential in the world. If he was given the federation favorite treatment, that would be something, whereas Machida and Takahashi pose no threat to his favorite.

Actually, mathematically, Kevin Reynolds (4S, 4T+3T, 3A+3T, 4T, 2A, 3F+3L, 3Z, 3S, at last Canadians... plus if we add a 2L added to a 3 jump combo, plus maxed spins/footwork) has the highest BV = 93.24 points. Hanyu's maxed out BV is 90.62.

At 90.11, Fernandez isn't far behind -- 92.09 if he changed his final 3S into a 3Z. One would assume Hanyu would get higher GOE than the other 2 overall (however the quads rack up extra GOE for Fernandez/Reynolds).

Nobody is "afraid" of Hanyu reaching his scoring potential... in fact, we're awaiting it.

herios

Medalist
Actually it seems you are, since you're going to such great lengths to downplay his abilities.

It is really amusing to me, but I find Hanyu way over hyped here on GS. He is very talented, but as far as artistry is concerned, he is kinda blah. And no, he will not get 9+ for PCS at this stage of his career.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Actually it seems you are, since you're going to such great lengths to downplay his abilities.

I am realistic based on how he has skated. At least I'm not overplaying his abilities like those preaching he can hit 104 TES when he hasn't even come close to it. Again 91.99 is his best (92.99 without the fall at 2012 Worlds). With such an inconsistent 4S it's getting a little ahead of ourselves to think he's currently capable of 104. And we are talking 104 with everything maxed out, including GOE. Maybe at some point he gets 104 TES but that type of score is practically impossible to achieve.

giulia95

Medalist
I am realistic based on how he has skated. At least I'm not overplaying his abilities like those preaching he can hit 104 TES when he hasn't even come close to it. Again 91.99 is his best (92.99 without the fall at 2012 Worlds). With such an inconsistent 4S it's getting a little ahead of ourselves to think he's currently capable of 104. And we are talking 104 with everything maxed out, including GOE. Maybe at some point he gets 104 TES but that type of score is practically impossible to achieve.

WOW!!! BUT 91,99 is TES score in 2012 Nice Worlds, the last competition Yuzu did with Nanami.... Are you saying that without Nanami's supervision Yuzu has no hope to improve his FS TES realistically ?

NMURA

Medalist
99.84 is too much ... even I would say.

Probably "perfect" Hanyu can break 300 this time.

It's like a "Lipnitskaya at COR" phenomenon. I don't think it will happen at the Olympics.

NMURA

Medalist
The "home inflation" was higher than I expected.
I will change my estimation of Hanyu's FS max from 193 to 196 (106+90).
He can lose 10 points in TES and still surpass "perfect" Chan.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
CanadianSkaterGuy said:
At least I'm not overplaying his abilities like those preaching he can hit 104 TES when he hasn't even come close to it.

I feel like I'm a good preacher :)

aragray

Rinkside
i don't think the injury pushes daisuke out of olympic medal contention. it was a smart move on his behalf to sit out the gpf assuming that he felt enough pressure to make that decision in the first place - a poor performance due to stress in his home country could be detrimental to his confidence going into the olympics. If dai's actually injured, then it's smart to withdraw either way since he wouldn't want to risk worsening the pain just 2 months before Sochi. but that's just a thought, no idea what's actually going :(
i'm kind of sad not to see him compete though, his beatles medley LP is the most detailed and beautifully interpreted program i've ever seen! i just can't get over how basically every single movement falls in line with the beat of the music and how he's able to express so many different emotions and styles in just one program. yuzu and patrick might be the gold medal favorites now, but in my heart daisuke is #1! I watched a documentary on him and he said how he would love to make his coach proud by putting the olympic gold medal around her neck and i started tearing up. Daisuke is such a wonderful person I really hope he does well this season! :)

Becki

Medalist
i don't think the injury pushes daisuke out of olympic medal contention. it was a smart move on his behalf to sit out the gpf assuming that he felt enough pressure to make that decision in the first place - a poor performance due to stress in his home country could be detrimental to his confidence going into the olympics. If dai's actually injured, then it's smart to withdraw either way since he wouldn't want to risk worsening the pain just 2 months before Sochi. but that's just a thought, no idea what's actually going :(
i'm kind of sad not to see him compete though, his beatles medley LP is the most detailed and beautifully interpreted program i've ever seen! i just can't get over how basically every single movement falls in line with the beat of the music and how he's able to express so many different emotions and styles in just one program. yuzu and patrick might be the gold medal favorites now, but in my heart daisuke is #1! I watched a documentary on him and he said how he would love to make his coach proud by putting the olympic gold medal around her neck and i started tearing up. Daisuke is such a wonderful person I really hope he does well this season! :)

Yes! I hope Daisuke does well too. He was primarily the reason why I started chasing figure skating, and before the emergence of Yuzu, I used to be super nervous of Daisuke's performances (lol). Now, I just watch and enjoy Daisuke's beautiful skating ^^