Thread: Brian Boitano

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411icecoverage's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Brian Boitano

U.S. figure skater Brian Boitano was born on October 22, 1963 in Mountain View, California. He is the 1988 Olympic champion, the 1986 and 1988 World Champion, and the 1985–1988 U.S. National Champion. He turned professional following the 1988 season. He returned to competition in 1993 and competed at the 1994 Winter Olympics, where he placed sixth.

Brian Boitano updates
    (1) I am excited to announce that "The Brian Boitano Project" will be premiering on HGTV....January 16th! More details soon!
    It follows the process of a 200-year-old house in Italy that I renovated. My great-grandfather once lived in it!

(2) @BrianBoitano
    Watch for me on The Today Show....this Friday around 8:50am!
    1:38 PM - 27 Nov 13
    https://twitter.com/BrianBoitano/sta...12791321186304

The reason for tomorrow's Today show appearance is to promote the Disson holiday show airing on Sunday.

Boitano gave an interview this week on a local tv newscast in NYC, the hook for which was a different Disson show -- the one that is a tribute to past Olympians and a send-off to the Sochi hopefuls. (The live Disson event is in two weeks in NJ; the broadcast is in Feb.)
    The local interview made no mention of the new HGTV show, although Boitano was able to talk about his cooking ventures.
    I must say that I admire Boitano for always coming across as sincere, affable, and interesting. He manages to promote his brand effectively in a natural way, IMHO -- nothing heavy-handed or obnoxious about him.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I agree. Brian is just a standup guy! He's never let his successes on the ice go to his head. I've watched his cooking show and find him entertaining, skillful, and fun to watch. I also have his cookbook which has little vignettes about his life. He truly is a gentleman and a professional. Glad to see his show is coming back on HGTV.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411icecoverage's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    ‏@BrianBoitano
    Warming up for the @TODAYshow this morning --ahead of Sunday's @PANDORA_NA #HolidayOnIce!” pic.twitter.com/1es437Wxn6
    4:03 AM - 29 Nov 13
    https://twitter.com/BrianBoitano/sta...93003960721408

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I agree. Brian is just a standup guy! He's never let his successes on the ice go to his head. I've watched his cooking show and find him entertaining, skillful, and fun to watch. I also have his cookbook which has little vignettes about his life. He truly is a gentleman and a professional. Glad to see his show is coming back on HGTV.
    Boitano's upcoming HGTV series is a new one that is not related to cooking -- as explained above in his Facebook post.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the reminder...I'm tuning in to see Brian

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Boitano is a great guy and good friend. I covered most of his career and spoke to him at a Disson show last year just as he was finishing his cookbook. He was kind enough to send me a copy. Look forward to watching his new HGTV show.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Turned on the TV and there was Brian. Nice segment on the Today Show. I caught it just in time to record it. Now I will put it with the skating on Sunday for a complete package.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Boitano is a great guy and good friend. I covered most of his career and spoke to him at a Disson show last year just as he was finishing his cookbook. He was kind enough to send me a copy. Look forward to watching his new HGTV show.
    I'm glad to hear that he truly is the good guy he seems to be from a distance.

0 Not allowed!

Brian Boitano

In honor of Boitano's selection for the official U.S. delegation to the Sochi Olympic games, I think a big Brian love-in is in order. I'll start the ball rolling…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXZcI84-LLQ

0 Not allowed!
    you just wanted to post a video of Michelle

This program is one of my favorites of his - http://youtu.be/9QoS4vYZp10

Loved this patriotic program for the 1961 Tribute show in October of 2001, which became a Sept 11 tribute show - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qrn7LYRKbE

And don't forget his skating on an Alaskan "Glacier" (looks to me more like a glacier fed lake) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MleTnhI-lOw

"The Olympics are great for notoriety right off the bat, but your body of work is what people remember you for." - Brian Boitano

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I felt it was time that Brian had his own Fan Fest thread!

Still performing at 50

And his 1988 programs are some of my fondest skating memories, too.

0 Not allowed!
    Yay, Brian! Class, eloquence and a darn terrific skater! He will be a superb rep for the U.S. in Sochi!