Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: RUMOUR: Carolina Kostner might come back to one of her old programs

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kikakiks View Post
    I think all of you are raising good points about the programs.
    I strongly dislike the humoresque sp, but I believe the biggest disappointment from Lori Nichol is the sherazade lp. If you examine closely the elements amd their order, it is the Bolero program with some variations! It's almost as if she didn't really make any new coreography. Are we sure Lori did the choreo?
    Yeah... I noticed that too. It is the same "structure" of Bolero. Same order of jumps, spins and elements. Same spins positions in the same order. It seems that they changed the music and a couple of movements.

Maybe they thought the Bolero was well scored in PC's area and they decided to keep the idea and "structure".

Quote Originally Posted by mateusp1 View Post
    Yeah... I noticed that too. It is the same "structure" of Bolero. Same order of jumps, spins and elements. Same spins positions in the same order. It seems that they changed the music and a couple of movements.

Maybe they thought the Bolero was well scored in PC's area and they decided to keep the idea and "structure".
    Wow, I didn't notice it on my own but I went to youtube and watched them back to back and they are the exact same program, it's kind of amazing. You could swap the music in the clips and it would be almost the same. I thought she did a fine job interpreting Bolero but maybe that's why I didn't feel much for the Scheherazade, because the choreography wasn't made with it in mind.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin View Post
    Wow, I didn't notice it on my own but I went to youtube and watched them back to back and they are the exact same program, it's kind of amazing. You could swap the music in the clips and it would be almost the same. I thought she did a fine job interpreting Bolero but maybe that's why I didn't feel much for the Scheherazade, because the choreography wasn't made with it in mind.
    Yes... almost the same movements and structure. The first time she performed Bolero, I thought it very unique, with that 3S in the end.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mateusp1 View Post

I present to you Michelle's most successful programs in her later years.

Her 2003 program
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfluAux0Sf0

And 2004 program
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWQSoIEAxns

They are practically the same programs with the same layout.

As long as Caro lands all her jumps, she will be ok. She needs to skate clean like Michelle. That's all.

Custom Title
    How much money do you think Carolina paid for that? No wonder I didn't liked her program this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kikakiks View Post
    All this being said, for me her top programs are the 2007 sp (pachebel canon) and 2012 lp (mozart)
    Agreed. Pachebel and Mozart were gorgeous masterpieces. I love Caro's interpretation of Bolero too. Top 3 for me. If she goes back to those 3, she would have the necessary programs to medal, provided she accomplish the technical scores.

Custom Title
    The thing is that Caro was totally into the Bolero program and really felt the music.

With Sheherezade you can really sense that she is not comfortable with the program at all and I think this is also the reason why her jumps are very insecure and shaky recently.

I also recall that Caro said that she has always wanted to skate to Bolero, but didn't dare and that Lori finally made her go for it last year. Sheherezade was Lori's idea, not Carolina's. That makes the big difference I think.

Custom Title

Closed Poll: Michelle's vs. Carolina's Bolero

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4