Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RUMOUR: Carolina Kostner might come back to one of her old programs

Custom Title
    Is Lori going to give her a refund? lol I think Lori took on too many skaters for this Olympics. Carolina is not skating her programs well yet and going back to an old one does not guarantee that she will skate them well either.
    I don't think muscle memory last that long.

Custom Title
    I always like Carolina's music, but I don't feel the choreography in her current programs is as good as some previous programs. I think she should keep both programs and look to improve some of the choreography.

Custom Title
    As I(and other people here) already said, a new costume and clean jumps would make the LP much better.

The SP needs more transitions and polish. For me, it looks a bit generic and junior. It does not suit Carolina's style. The SP song would make a masterpiece for Alissa, Mao or Kiira. The music(Humoresque) is not for Carolina. It is hard for me to say that, because I am huge fan.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    She definitely should go back to Bolero.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post796706

Custom Title
    Well the judges are not having any problem with her programs, I mean look at the PCS she is getting even with mistakes, sure the long program isnt something great as we were all expecting but she can changed the coreography, she is not going to the final after all.

Banned
    hope its both programs
    bring back the 2013 Worlds programs

her SP in 2013 was her masterpiece

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
    Well the judges are not having any problem with her programs, I mean look at the PCS she is getting even with mistakes, sure the long program isnt something great as we were all expecting but she can changed the coreography, she is not going to the final after all.
    She got 65 and 68 which is not high enough from others. She got 70 at WC but most of ladies only getting 60 PCS so that was very high.

Asada 69 - 70 (2013 WC:68)
    Wagner 66 - 65 (2013 WC:63)
    Suzuki 66 -63 (2013 WC:59.93)
    Gold 62 - 60 (2013 WC:60)
    Lipnitskaia 60 - 63
    Sotnikova 60 - 64 (2013 WC:60)

Aw, I'm actually disappointed to hear this. I thought her Bolero was wonderful but the reason her LP isn't working this year is because she hasn't skated it cleanly, not because of the choreographic content IMO. Wouldn't her time be better served polishing up the LP she's been training for months, instead of reacquainting herself with an old one?

I like her Humoresque SP fine, even though it's kind of cutesy for my taste, but is there a reason she's reverted back to her 3T-3T for her combo and not the 3F-3T? I agree with the content seeming low level this year, compared to what she's been doing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin View Post
    I like her Humoresque SP fine, even though it's kind of cutesy for my taste, but is there a reason she's reverted back to her 3T-3T for her combo and not the 3F-3T? I agree with the content seeming low level this year, compared to what she's been doing.
    At 2011, 2012, and 2013 Worlds, she always attempted the 3T/3T.

Custom Title
    Good news I guess! :D
    I was really disappointed in her SP especially. The choreography seemed way too juvenile and Disney like. It would suit someone like Jijun much much better.
    Her LP isn't that bad... kind of meh but still it's not bad.
    Mozart might be a good choice to revisit, but with different costume, pretty please....
    I think I'm gonna cry if she changes LP and keeps SP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    She definitely should go back to Bolero.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post796706
    I agree with most of the things you said.

The 3Lo that late DOES NOT work for Caro. She also shoud put a 2A+3T, instead of a 3T+2T. That would mean seven triples and two double axels.

But, I would keep the final 3S. She already tried to put a 2A in the last second and it did not work for her at all. She tried it in 2007/2008 LP(Dumsky Trio).

I think the following layout would be the best:

3Lz, 3Lo(I would put three turns before the jump and a transition after), 3F+3T, 2A, 2A+3T, 3S+2T+2Lo, 3S

I also like the spiral at Sheherazade. The choreo sequence at Sheherazade is better than Bolero's.

But, I feel that Bolero is kinda empty, barely no transitions and choreography. The lutz entrance is very long. The entrance at Sheherazade(I mean, the Lutz) is much shorter. She also put turns before the Loop at Sheherazade. The loop's entrance at Bolero was very long too.

She is using the same spins that she used at Bolero. She can do much much better spins. Her flying camel used to be much better. In 2010/2011 season, her flying camel features were: 1- difficult flying entrance, 2- eight rotations at basic camel position, 3- donut position, 4-catch foot camel(half biellmann) position with change of hand. Now, the features are: 1- difficult flying entrance, 2- difficult camel position( broken leg), 3- change of edge during broken leg(back outside edge to foward outside edge, changing to back outside edge again), 4-catch foot camel position. That change of edge makes the spin centering and speed unsteady. =(

Do you like the Bolero program? I know that you like her Faune program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gourry View Post
    Good news I guess! :D
    I was really disappointed in her SP especially. The choreography seemed way too juvenile and Disney like. It would suit someone like Jijun much much better.
    Her LP isn't that bad... kind of meh but still it's not bad.
    Mozart might be a good choice to revisit, but with different costume, pretty please....
    I think I'm gonna cry if she changes LP and keeps SP.
    I think we are the only people here who prefer the LP over the SP. I kinda see some potential in Sheherazade. But, the SP, I tried, but I do not love it. I also would prefer a change of the SP over the LP.

Everyone, trust me, the Sheherazade program would look much better with the jumps landed and a new costume.

After all, the actual ones brought her two medals and a high score. Lot of people seem to forget she won 22 medals in a row; in this position she can... follow her perceptions, her tastes, her psychological and biological rhythms. Clearly, scores are considered when building up a choreo, but at this point she has reached another level.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Is Lori going to give her a refund? lol I think Lori took on too many skaters for this Olympics. Carolina is not skating her programs well yet and going back to an old one does not guarantee that she will skate them well either.
    I don't think muscle memory last that long.
    don't worry folks. She is carolina kostner. She will skate well win it counts. She has like some lucky charm that somehow she will get a medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mateusp1 View Post
    I think we are the only people here who prefer the LP over the SP. I kinda see some potential in Sheherazade. But, the SP, I tried, but I do not love it. I also would prefer a change of the SP over the LP.

Everyone, trust me, the Sheherazade program would look much better with the jumps landed and a new costume.
    Yep, I think maybe the problem is the diaper holds or weighs her down so she falls more. A lighter bottom might help.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast