RUMOUR: Carolina Kostner might come back to one of her old programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

RUMOUR: Carolina Kostner might come back to one of her old programs

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
hope its both programs
bring back the 2013 Worlds programs

her SP in 2013 was her masterpiece

elif

Medalist
Well the judges are not having any problem with her programs, I mean look at the PCS she is getting even with mistakes, sure the long program isnt something great as we were all expecting but she can changed the coreography, she is not going to the final after all.

She got 65 and 68 which is not high enough from others. She got 70 at WC but most of ladies only getting 60 PCS so that was very high.

Asada 69 - 70 (2013 WC:68)
Wagner 66 - 65 (2013 WC:63)
Suzuki 66 -63 (2013 WC:59.93)
Gold 62 - 60 (2013 WC:60)
Lipnitskaia 60 - 63
Sotnikova 60 - 64 (2013 WC:60)

penguin

On the Ice
Aw, I'm actually disappointed to hear this. I thought her Bolero was wonderful but the reason her LP isn't working this year is because she hasn't skated it cleanly, not because of the choreographic content IMO. Wouldn't her time be better served polishing up the LP she's been training for months, instead of reacquainting herself with an old one?

I like her Humoresque SP fine, even though it's kind of cutesy for my taste, but is there a reason she's reverted back to her 3T-3T for her combo and not the 3F-3T? I agree with the content seeming low level this year, compared to what she's been doing.

jaylee

Medalist
I like her Humoresque SP fine, even though it's kind of cutesy for my taste, but is there a reason she's reverted back to her 3T-3T for her combo and not the 3F-3T? I agree with the content seeming low level this year, compared to what she's been doing.

At 2011, 2012, and 2013 Worlds, she always attempted the 3T/3T.

gourry

Final Flight
Good news I guess! :D
I was really disappointed in her SP especially. The choreography seemed way too juvenile and Disney like. It would suit someone like Jijun much much better.
Her LP isn't that bad... kind of meh but still it's not bad.
Mozart might be a good choice to revisit, but with different costume, pretty please....
I think I'm gonna cry if she changes LP and keeps SP.

mateusp1

On the Ice

I agree with most of the things you said.

The 3Lo that late DOES NOT work for Caro. She also shoud put a 2A+3T, instead of a 3T+2T. That would mean seven triples and two double axels.

But, I would keep the final 3S. She already tried to put a 2A in the last second and it did not work for her at all. She tried it in 2007/2008 LP(Dumsky Trio).

I think the following layout would be the best:

3Lz, 3Lo(I would put three turns before the jump and a transition after), 3F+3T, 2A, 2A+3T, 3S+2T+2Lo, 3S

I also like the spiral at Sheherazade. The choreo sequence at Sheherazade is better than Bolero's.

But, I feel that Bolero is kinda empty, barely no transitions and choreography. The lutz entrance is very long. The entrance at Sheherazade(I mean, the Lutz) is much shorter. She also put turns before the Loop at Sheherazade. The loop's entrance at Bolero was very long too.

She is using the same spins that she used at Bolero. She can do much much better spins. Her flying camel used to be much better. In 2010/2011 season, her flying camel features were: 1- difficult flying entrance, 2- eight rotations at basic camel position, 3- donut position, 4-catch foot camel(half biellmann) position with change of hand. Now, the features are: 1- difficult flying entrance, 2- difficult camel position( broken leg), 3- change of edge during broken leg(back outside edge to foward outside edge, changing to back outside edge again), 4-catch foot camel position. That change of edge makes the spin centering and speed unsteady. =(

Do you like the Bolero program? I know that you like her Faune program.

mateusp1

On the Ice
Good news I guess! :D
I was really disappointed in her SP especially. The choreography seemed way too juvenile and Disney like. It would suit someone like Jijun much much better.
Her LP isn't that bad... kind of meh but still it's not bad.
Mozart might be a good choice to revisit, but with different costume, pretty please....
I think I'm gonna cry if she changes LP and keeps SP.

I think we are the only people here who prefer the LP over the SP. I kinda see some potential in Sheherazade. But, the SP, I tried, but I do not love it. I also would prefer a change of the SP over the LP.

Everyone, trust me, the Sheherazade program would look much better with the jumps landed and a new costume.

msadot

On the Ice
After all, the actual ones brought her two medals and a high score. Lot of people seem to forget she won 22 medals in a row; in this position she can... follow her perceptions, her tastes, her psychological and biological rhythms. Clearly, scores are considered when building up a choreo, but at this point she has reached another level.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Is Lori going to give her a refund? lol I think Lori took on too many skaters for this Olympics. Carolina is not skating her programs well yet and going back to an old one does not guarantee that she will skate them well either.
I don't think muscle memory last that long.

don't worry folks. She is carolina kostner. She will skate well win it counts. She has like some lucky charm that somehow she will get a medal.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think we are the only people here who prefer the LP over the SP. I kinda see some potential in Sheherazade. But, the SP, I tried, but I do not love it. I also would prefer a change of the SP over the LP.

Everyone, trust me, the Sheherazade program would look much better with the jumps landed and a new costume.

Yep, I think maybe the problem is the diaper holds or weighs her down so she falls more. A lighter bottom might help.

miki88

Medalist
I really liked Bolero. But I wonder if going back to an old program will really help her scorewise. She is obviously not skating as well as last season, so I doubt the slight decrease in PCS is really due to the program.

msadot

On the Ice
don't worry folks. She is carolina kostner. She will skate well win it counts. She has like some lucky charm that somehow she will get a medal.

Esatto. :) She's on another level. :) She'll get a deserved Sochi medal, no matter what. :) So, she might choose the one she loves/"feels" the most.

msadot

On the Ice
I wonder if going back to an old program will really help her scorewise.

She does not have to worry about scores. :) After all, a place on the Sochi podium is granted, so why not getting it with something she likes and "feels appropriate"? The judges will... follow on, so to speak.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She does not have to worry about scores. :) After all, a place on the Sochi podium is granted, so why not getting it with something she likes?

Nothing is granted as proven by a 15 year old beating her in COR. If Carolina is falling all over the place it's all over for her medal chances. Plus she needs to up her techical content a 3toe 3toe combo isn't enough compared to the 3flips 3toe or 3lutz 3to many of the girls are doing now. Carolina may have peaked in 2012.

miki88

Medalist
She does not have to worry about scores. :) After all, a place on the Sochi podium is granted, so why not getting it with something she likes and "feels appropriate"? The judges will... follow on, so to speak.

How is it certain that she will medal? It appears her chances are uncertain based on her GP results and also depending on how well the Russian skaters might perform in Sochi.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think you make good points. I agree that Scheherazade has better/more transitions and choreography than Bolero, but people seemed to really like Bolero (more than I think it deserved).

I think Carolina's SP last season was most definitely better than her SP this season, BUT the difference doesn't merit a change. I think Scheherazade doesn't have enough potential to be received better than Bolero, and would prefer for her to go back to her Mozart or Faun FS.

THIS! I don't like Carolina's new FS and I'd prefer that she go back to Mozart or Faun too!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Bolero was nowhere near as good as Mozart and Faun, I'd much rather she went back to one of those. Or the 2012 SP.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
May I borrow your crystal ball? I'd like to know for sure who else will medal...;)

I'd like to know next week's lotto numbers! :D

Bolero was nowhere near as good as Mozart and Faun, I'd much rather she went back to one of those. Or the 2012 SP.

ITA! I'd swoon with joy if Caro went back to those programs - her best ever imo. I always liked her but I really became a fan with those programs! This season's programs are a big disappointment. :disapp: