Kwak Min Jung? | Golden Skate

Kwak Min Jung?

Jtsmith12

On the Ice
What has happened to Kwak Min Jung? It seems as if she fell off the face of the earth? Does anyone know if she's still skating? Or is going to school? I really enjoyed this skater and any updates would be greatly appreciated! :)

brightphoton

Medalist
I was wondering about her too. On the "Best foods for skaters-different by country" thread someone said her skating didn't survive puberty, and someone else said she sustained an injury in 2010 which has plagued her ever since. Retirement very possible.

seabm7

Final Flight
What has happened to Kwak Min Jung? It seems as if she fell off the face of the earth? Does anyone know if she's still skating? Or is going to school? I really enjoyed this skater and any updates would be greatly appreciated! :)

She hasn't retired yet, though she has sustained a series of injuries for last several years. She fell down from stairs and broke an ankle ligament in 2012, which forced her to skip most of 2012-2013 competitions. She showed her programs at one or two domestic competitions at the end of that season.

SP: Tango
LP: Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No.1

Concerning the 2013-2014 season, her management comapany announced at her official homepage, minjeongkwak.com (Sorry, in Korean), that she is going to skip this one, too. It seems that she needs more time to recover from injuries. According to a rumour, her 2013-2014 programs were supposed to be

SP: Notre Dame de Paris
LP: Forrest Gump + Patch Adams

She is a student at Ewha Womans university since 2012.

glee

Rinkside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZe9D3uKR0U

This is one of her latest competitions.(It's FS.)

Well.. you could see that she's not in her top form.

She's been keep competing at events despite her injury, but due to her pain from injury, she decided to skip this season(as seabm7 had mentioned).

Too bad for her..

bluesky85

On the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZe9D3uKR0U

This is one of her latest competitions.(It's FS.)

Well.. you could see that she's not in her top form.

She's been keep competing at events despite her injury, but due to her pain from injury, she decided to skip this season(as seabm7 had mentioned).

Too bad for her..

YEeah... too bad... I wonder if she could ever come back to her former condition and regain her jumping abilities. She was injured at an age when she was going through a growth spurt and lost a lot of training time when it was so crucial, so it might be difficult, if it is even possible, to adjust to the new body at all.