Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone going to Canadian Nationals 2014?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue eyed birds View Post
    Kaetlyn just [URL="https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/status/420996892789866496"]tweeted[/URL] that she's IN OTTAWA!!!!!. The [URL="https://twitter.com/thomascwill/status/420962805135577089"]BC skaters[/URL] also hit the airport this morning.
    I am sure that Air Canada made sure their flight left. All flights are not cancelled but some frequency is reduced where planes are stuck in frozen or snow bound airports.

Custom Title
    Skate Canada has the practises - and any not broadcast on CTV, TSN and the French equivalent. I assume TSN will have on events online.

Quote Originally Posted by from the sidelines View Post
    I'm trying to find some live streaming for Canadians but can't seem to find what network is covering the event. Help please.
    It's TSN but I'm not sure if they're doing live streaming or just TV. I don't even get that channel with my basic cable package, so it's a good thing I'm attending in person. I guess the only ladies I'll be seeing is those who get uploaded on youtube or the TSN website.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    My commuter flight to Seattle was cancelled due to fog an hour before it was due to take off. So, while I was debating about driving to Seattle, I checked the flight status of my Air Canada flight tomorrow morning and it shows as cancelled. So I am staying home tonight and debating about cancelling my whole trip. I wonder how the skaters from the West Coast are doing with their travel. Maybe flights from Vancouver that go direct to Ottawa are not having the same problems that flights via Toronto are? Anyway, my best wishes to anyone who is underway and trying to make it to Ottawa.
    I'm sorry to hear about your travel troubles - hopefully you find some way to make it, if you still feel like going.

Rinkside

Nationals!

Hello all GoldenSkate Members!
    I will be attending Nationals for the full 3 days of competition and full practice sessions tomorrow. I live in Kanata so it would be an easy commute.

I you will be all coming from Hotels from Kanata, you can the 96A (make its 96A!!) direction towards ScotiaBank place.

I would love to finally meet you all (even though I haven't been actively on for a long time) but I do continue reading all your great comments concerning figure skating. Any particular place or time we can meet?

I will be attending the practice sessions tomorrow and will be there all day.

See you there!

Sara D

Quote Originally Posted by Sara D View Post
    Hello all GoldenSkate Members!
    I will be attending Nationals for the full 3 days of competition and full practice sessions tomorrow. I live in Kanata so it would be an easy commute.

I you will be all coming from Hotels from Kanata, you can the 96A (make its 96A!!) direction towards ScotiaBank place.

I would love to finally meet you all (even though I haven't been actively on for a long time) but I do continue reading all your great comments concerning figure skating. Any particular place or time we can meet?

I will be attending the practice sessions tomorrow and will be there all day.

See you there!

Sara D
    I will be there on Saturday evening, sitting in Section 120, Seat 21 or 22 (my mother will be with me, so I'm not sure which of the seats each of us will take, lol), if you want to come say hello. I'm not far from Ottawa myself so I don't need to worry about travel either.

Custom Title
    Can hardly wait for some practise reports!

Rinkside
    On the train form Montréal to Ottawa for probably my last nationals!

Custom Title
    What is going on in Canada. By now you think there would be some talk about what is going on. No practice reports and nothing really started talking about tomorrow's short programs. Not a hint about how V and M are doing; Chan or if Reynolds is ready or Osmond fully healed. You'd think there would have been some discussion if Osmond can do a complete program yet - doubtful but who knows. One wonders with the weather and lack of posts here if anyone cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    What is going on in Canada. One wonders with the weather and lack of posts here if anyone cares?
    They are all busy knitting, Skater Boy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    They are all busy knitting, Skater Boy.
    Oooh I would love a nice sweater.

Custom Title
    I'm going tomorrow for the free in the evening, driving down from Toronto. I'm so glad the temperature is above zero for the driving, but worrying if I can still do some skating on the Rideau canal. I'll be up in the 200 level, 202 E I believe. So I can just wave to the lower bow and wish everybody a safe and enjoyable stay in Ottawa!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2