Any locals?- Breakfast | Golden Skate

Any locals?- Breakfast

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Any locals out there? I am at the Seaport and it would appear from at least my view that there aren't many places to eat breakfast around the Ren/Seaport area.
1. Aura is there but they refuse to publish prices and hours of operation and reviewers say it is very expensive.
2. Sebastians also refuse to publish prices and hours but at least I can send them a message...they look doable.
3. The Trio has a breakfast burrito...don't know much about them...no reviews.
4. There is a place called J. Pace and Son but they look like a deli with no sit down area?

Any ideas?
Chris who eats like a Coyote at skating events

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I haven't found prices for Sebastians either...just a comment about it being a little pricey. Hours I found for the Seaport Blvd location are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mon - Friday at this link: http://www.sebastians.com/seaport.html

On Seaport Blvd I also found a Dunkin Donuts which has breakfast sandwiches, coffee and donuts (of course!). Also, 2 doors down from Dunkin Donuts is a 7-11 which might offer sandwiches.

I don't usually eat breakfast, but you might be able to buy something at 7-11 and heat it in the microwave at the Seaport.

The only other thing I've been able to come up with is the McDonalds at North Station or the Subway near TD Garden on Portland Ave.

I'll go see if I can find out anything about J. Pace! I found this review on tripadvisor and it is about the J. Pace near the Seaport Hotel:
"This is a new site for J. Pace and Son at Seaport.
We found breakfast here excellent and the coffee good. You can sit outside or in a strange little annex inside, which has air cond/heating.
We also got a selection of drinks to take back to the hotel.
They also have a good selection of wine and beer" So it sounds like they do have a small area to dine in!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks, M! Good info...Didn't know Dunkin Donuts had breakfast sandwitches...I like a nice sit down breakfast with eggs and it looks like there are some options...but I will also check out Trio and Pace.....I think Sebs is gonna get some of my money. I bet it is popular....
Hungry old Coyote who sits for 90 hours in the seats...
Update: Just heard from Sebs...they do not plan on being open on the weekends.....bummer.....does starbucks have breakfast sandwiches?
Update #2. Just heard right back from Seb....seems they don't understand much about the event and how many people to staff...I directed them to Susan Withrow at the LOC for more info...maybe we can get them to open up for the weekends....
Update#3. I have been emailing the director of catering at Sebs....I suggested that they contact Susan Withrow and consider opening on the weekends and they are open for that....skating fan eating habits are soooo hard to predict but there will be lots of juvaniles and intermediates around the secondary arena too.
Coyote (If it aint eggs it aint breakfast )chris
I haven't found prices for Sebastians either...just a comment about it being a little pricey. Hours I found for the Seaport Blvd location are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mon - Friday at this link: http://www.sebastians.com/seaport.html

On Seaport Blvd I also found a Dunkin Donuts which has breakfast sandwiches, coffee and donuts (of course!). Also, 2 doors down from Dunkin Donuts is a 7-11 which might offer sandwiches.

I don't usually eat breakfast, but you might be able to buy something at 7-11 and heat it in the microwave at the Seaport.

The only other thing I've been able to come up with is the McDonalds at North Station or the Subway near TD Garden on Portland Ave.

I'll go see if I can find out anything about J. Pace! I found this review on tripadvisor and it is about the J. Pace near the Seaport Hotel:
"This is a new site for J. Pace and Son at Seaport.
We found breakfast here excellent and the coffee good. You can sit outside or in a strange little annex inside, which has air cond/heating.
We also got a selection of drinks to take back to the hotel.
They also have a good selection of wine and beer" So it sounds like they do have a small area to dine in!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
A couple of more food tip for people staying in the Seaport district. Flour Bakery comes recommended - its about 1/2 mile from the Seaport Hotel. It looks wonderful, but too pricey for me. Also there is a large food court at South Station so that might be good for anyone using the transit system.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Good tip....I personally need food NOW when I wake up....a half mile walk on a sunny day is one thing.....in the winter it is another...
The food court info is a good tip....Thanks...I had no idea....Cosi's sounds good....and its a short ride from the Seaport.
Its hard for us who have never been to Boston to even grasp what the locals take for granted...when I heard "south station" I imagined a dark underground cavern full of sets of tracks and platforms and that is it....

A couple of more food tip for people staying in the Seaport district. Flour Bakery comes recommended - its about 1/2 mile from the Seaport Hotel. It looks wonderful, but too pricey for me. Also there is a large food court at South Station so that might be good for anyone using the transit system.

Everettguy

Rinkside
That's a good one! LOL South Station is huge. Your best best is Dunkin Donuts (I live on Dunks especially being from here, I just can't get into Starbucks) or Pace & Sons. (FYI - pronounced pache', it's Italian). Unfortunately the Seaport District is still a relatively new area. The South End and other parts of Boston have more food options.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That's a good one! LOL South Station is huge. Your best best is Dunkin Donuts (I live on Dunks especially being from here, I just can't get into Starbucks) or Pace & Sons. (FYI - pronounced pache', it's Italian). Unfortunately the Seaport District is still a relatively new area. The South End and other parts of Boston have more food options.

I <3 Dunkin donuts! I miss it being in the Pacific Northest now.

Everettguy, thanks for the tips---will we see you at nationals?

Everettguy

Rinkside
You're welcome! I doubt you will since I may be visiting relatives. Which is unfortunate since I would love to be there! I'll do my best though to answer any questions about Boston.