Quote of the Day - Month of February | Golden Skate

Quote of the Day - Month of February

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own." -- Benjamin Disraeli

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
February 2nd

....."No cloud above, no earth below---a universe of sky and snow!" Whittier

Pookie

Final Flight
February 3rd

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Rixis

On the Ice
February 4th

"Sticks and Stones can break your bones, but cement pays homage to tradition." :D -The Golden Girls

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
February 5th

"If you don't know your rights, you have none".......42

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
February 6th

"Know then thyself, presume not God to scan, the proper study of mankind is man." Alexander Pope

Rixis

On the Ice
February 7th

"The readiness of speech is often the inability to hold the tongue" -Voltaire (or Rousseau, one of those Enlightenment guys I cannot really remember)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
February 8th

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then, is not an act but a habit."......Aristotle

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
February 9th

" Yet as I saw it, I see it again, the kirk and the palace, the ships and the men. And as long as I live and where'er I may be, I'll always remember my town by the sea." Robert Louis Stevenson

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
February 10th

What's the matter with you? The conductor of my train of mind is on vacation! Charlie McCarthy. Many years ago.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
February 11th

""When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did -in his sleep.
Not yelling and screaming - like the passengers in his car." --Maxine

Dee

Rixis

On the Ice
February 12th

"If I face my God tomorrow,
I can tell Him I am innocent.
I've never harmed anyone. I have cheated no one.
I have deceived no one. I have hurt no one.
Except myself. And that He will forgive me."
-Hans Holzel

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
February 13th

"He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much, who has enjoyed the trusts of pure women, the respect of intelligent men, and the love of little chidren, who has filled his niche and accomplished his task, who has left the world better than he found it, whether by an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul, who has never lacked appreciation of Earth's beauty of failed to express it, who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had, whose life was an inspiration, whose memory a benediction."
......Bessie Anderson Stanley

Pookie

Final Flight
February 14th

Love is not finding the perfect person, it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly.

Feburary 15th

Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair. - George Burns

Rgirl

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
February 16th

"A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized."

-- Fred Allen (1894-1956), American commedian

Dee

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
February 17th

"You're never allowed to step on people to get ahead, but you can step over them if they're in your way." Star Jones

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
"It is better to be silent and be thought stupid than to speak and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
February 19th

"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread."
-- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (1869-1948)

Dee

Pookie

Final Flight
February 20th

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. . . . " Jean-Luc Picard

Last edited: