Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 60 of 60

Thread: Yu-na, look out for Russian skaters!

  1. #46
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    I wasnt the one defending the article. I asked IF the Korean medias says these things about Mao because the article implies they mock her. So, since, I dont watch Korean TV I was asking if they say these things. If they do then, it is unprofessional. but Read the IF
    The article doen't mock Mao. It states the truth that Mao has an obsession with her 3A which IS true. Koreans do not see Mao as a threat to Yuna anymore because they think Mao's not on the equal level. Of course, that's debatable, but to Koreans, definitely not. And it's a bit ridiculous how you question the entire Korean journalist with just one article. You may want to take some chill pills when something pops up on GS regarding Yuna.

    Agree. And I find hard to believe that the Korean Media in general mocks Mao like this article is suggesting.
    You don't have to because to tell you the truth, most of Korean articles regarding Mao actually praise Mao and says she's a strong competitor. It's the netizens or general audience in Korea that suggests Mao is not. So don't worry about IFs or what not.

  2. #47
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    The article doen't mock Mao. It states the truth that Mao has an obsession with her 3A which IS true. Koreans do not see Mao as a threat to Yuna anymore because they think Mao's not on the equal level. Of course, that's debatable, but to Koreans, definitely not. And it's a bit ridiculous how you question the entire Korean journalist with just one article. You may want to take some chill pills when something pops up on GS regarding Yuna.



    You don't have to because to tell you the truth, most of Korean articles regarding Mao actually praise Mao and says she's a strong competitor. It's the netizens or general audience in Korea that suggests Mao is not. So don't worry about IFs or what not.
    Why should I take a chill pills. I have no problem with anything said in this forum prasing Yuna Kim look me up and find a post where I say other wise. One thing I do is defend Mao because I am her fan. It is my opinion that these article is unprofessional, but I never said the article mocks Mao. The article mentioned that the Korean Media mocks Mao. all I was saying that if the Korean media mocks Mao then it is unprofessional. However, I also said I don't watch Korean media so, I am asking a question.

    I am not debating or talking about how Koreans feel about Mao, it is their prerogative and it has nothing to do with me. So follow your own advice about taking chill pills

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    257
    All I will say is that if the Korean press and her fans are taking Mao lightly they may be in for a rude shock. Mao is on an upward trajectory and YuNa must skate well to win. I do not like the arrogant tone of some of these posts.

  4. #49
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    All I will say is that if the Korean press and her fans are taking Mao lightly they may be in for a rude shock. Mao is on an upward trajectory and YuNa must skate well to win. I do not like the arrogant tone of some of these posts.
    I agree with this. At this point, Mao is the only one who's in Grand Prix Final out of big 3.

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beyond Neverland
    Posts
    1,227
    Dear me...so much wasted emotion and energy scrutinizing over a silly article, seriously!

    To put it in perspective. In Britain we have the wonderful BBC (though sometimes not so wonderful nor fair especially with the reports on China), but we also probably have the worst tabloid journalism in the world with all that craziness. They may all vary on ethics, toughness and fairness, but they certainly don't lack in perspective. But I would never consider any of them to represent the British Press.

    This article obviously has its own perspective in mind, just read it (or don't read it), frown upon it, then bin it! Otherwise you'd likely to have a very long and tiresome few months still ahead till the Olympics, likely from both sides of the perspectives. It is after all, the nature of the freedom of the press. Without sensationalism, the news paper don't sell, people don't talk, the article won't get linked. Just ask Phil :P

    As for the title: It could be Mao, Look out for Russian skaters! Or Ashley, Look out for Russian skaters! Or Carolina, Look out for Russian skaters! They all work equally well. IMO, Russian skaters likely to deserve a platinum title this year for their young ladies team. Total over achievers!

  6. #51
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Why should I take a chill pills. I have no problem with anything said in this forum prasing Yuna Kim look me up and find a post where I say other wise. One thing I do is defend Mao because I am her fan. It is my opinion that these article is unprofessional, but I never said the article mocks Mao. The article mentioned that the Korean Media mocks Mao. all I was saying that if the Korean media mocks Mao then it is unprofessional. However, I also said I don't watch Korean media so, I am asking a question.

    I am not debating or talking about how Koreans feel about Mao, it is their prerogative and it has nothing to do with me. So follow your own advice about taking chill pills
    You obviously don't understand how media works. They tweak words, phrases, thoughts, and opinions so that they have at least something to write. Maybe I overestimated you a bit on this part(I thought you were smart enough to know). What I'm saying is, there is no need to question any journalists like this unless they do something ridiculous, and like i mentioned before, something like Japanese Media filming Yuna's practice. You even have your opinion, saying these article is unprofessional. What makes you think journalists are different? Stop being bothered by articles like this and move on.

  7. #52
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    You obviously don't understand how media works. They tweak words, phrases, thoughts, and opinions so that they have at least something to write. Maybe I overestimated you a bit on this part(I thought you were smart enough to know). What I'm saying is, there is no need to question any journalists like this unless they do something ridiculous, and like i mentioned before, something like Japanese Media filming Yuna's practice. You even have your opinion, sa?ying these article is unprofessional. What makes you think journalists are different? Stop being bothered by articles like this and move on.
    First, was it necessary to get so personal and call me names? Second, please don't insult my intelligence, this a forum and you don't know me and Last, please don't tell me what to do, if I read an article and I think is unprofessional I am entitle to call it that. I did not disrespect anyone. this a public forum and if I have an opinion I will say it.

  8. #53
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    The article doen't mock Mao. It states the truth that Mao has an obsession with her 3A which IS true. Koreans do not see Mao as a threat to Yuna anymore because they think Mao's not on the equal level. Of course, that's debatable, but to Koreans, definitely not. And it's a bit ridiculous how you question the entire Korean journalist with just one article. You may want to take some chill pills when something pops up on GS regarding Yuna.
    I hope you wouldn't represent the opinions of Koreans. I'm a Korean and have a view that is different from yours.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 12-04-2013 at 01:42 AM.

  9. #54
    축복, 축도 RABID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Dear me...so much wasted emotion and energy scrutinizing over a silly article, seriously!

    To put it in perspective. In Britain we have the wonderful BBC (though sometimes not so wonderful nor fair especially with the reports on China), but we also probably have the worst tabloid journalism in the world with all that craziness. They may all vary on ethics, toughness and fairness, but they certainly don't lack in perspective. But I would never consider any of them to represent the British Press.

    This article obviously has its own perspective in mind, just read it (or don't read it), frown upon it, then bin it! Otherwise you'd likely to have a very long and tiresome few months still ahead till the Olympics, likely from both sides of the perspectives. It is after all, the nature of the freedom of the press. Without sensationalism, the news paper don't sell, people don't talk, the article won't get linked. Just ask Phil :P

    As for the title: It could be Mao, Look out for Russian skaters! Or Ashley, Look out for Russian skaters! Or Carolina, Look out for Russian skaters! They all work equally well. IMO, Russian skaters likely to deserve a platinum title this year for their young ladies team. Total over achievers!

    When reduced to its essence the column is merely taking note of the Russian girls making a large splash this season and since it is an Olympic season and timing and injuries often determine who reaches the podium, why not the column? It is at least one more reminder that Sochi is approaching and I for one am expecting and hoping for more buzz inducing tidbits like this leading up to the finale in Sochi. Give me more!

  10. #55
    Custom Title Franklin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyabi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    The article doen't mock Mao. It states the truth that Mao has an obsession with her 3A which IS true. Koreans do not see Mao as a threat to Yuna anymore because they think Mao's not on the equal level. Of course, that's debatable, but to Koreans, definitely not. And it's a bit ridiculous how you question the entire Korean journalist with just one article. You may want to take some chill pills when something pops up on GS regarding Yuna.
    I hope you wouldn't represent the opinions of Koreans. I'm a Korean and have a view that is different from yours.

    I agree with you Miyabi. Since when does Melon speak for all Koreans. I know several Korean Mao fans who feels quite the opposite. Maybe Yuna fans feel that way, as they are entitled to, but not all Koreans.

  11. #56
    Custom Title EricRohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    All I will say is that if the Korean press and her fans are taking Mao lightly they may be in for a rude shock. Mao is on an upward trajectory and YuNa must skate well to win. I do not like the arrogant tone of some of these posts.
    IA. And Korean media & people do not take Asada lightly. For example, Asada was showed on yesterday's TV news related to Yuna.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mIIopNDvy8 (Asada @ 1:04, 2:38)

  12. #57
    Custom Title ordinary person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    261
    Ummm, look out for Russian skaters, seriously?
    What a joke, none of these Russian skaters can beat Yuna and i'm not even a fan

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    107
    Mao is not judged lightly by all Koreans- there were a lot of articles everytime Mao won a GP event, blog posts analyzing them, and people's comments buzzing about her scores. Sure, the public interest in Mao has decreased recently(well it's true that it's been some time she overpowered Yuna in a competition) but the real figure fans are following Mao's moves too, and they've noticed how her scores were higher than all the other skaters this season (whether it was overscored or not), or that her PCS scores were much higher than last season due to her improvements in artistry and choreography. Yeah, people still have doubts in Mao's jumps, but whether they like her skills or not, her high scores are worth to watch out for.
    I've seen some articles like this talking about Russian skaters, but trust me, I've never seen people taking them more seriously than Mao. Also, though I'm a Yuna fan, this article was a bit rude to Mao and her fans, while Mao's triple axels can be seen obsessed to some Korean fans, Mao must have her own reasons putting them in her programs, and it's not our job to say that's good or not. This writer could have just mildly pointed out some Mao's weakness or something, but using 'obsessed' sounded a bit like making a joke.
    Anyway, I just wanted to say that not all Yuna fans take Mao lightly, or even as a joke. And not all Koreans are Mao bashers, believe it or not, I've even seen Mao fan forum on Korean website. About this article, there always were some stupid articles being aggressive or controversial to draw more interests, and this, is not just Korean media's problem either. (I've seen some offending ones from Japan too, but not all Japanese people are along with it right?) Plus, I haven't seen any articles saying bad things about Mao in the main sports news, where the most people read news from.

  14. #59
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,997
    Of course Yu-Na will look out for Russian skaters while she mows them down. Do you think she wants to get scratches on her boots? Her blades will sever their heads cleanly, no need to worry.

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    747
    Yu-na is in the league of her own. Of course our little girls are not her competition, but Ashley and Caro is the other case - they sure as hell should be aware of them..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •