Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Mao & Mr. Sato

All threads also lead to comparing Mao to someone. Mao has pretty hair. Posters her hair is not pretty compared to so and so... Anoying

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    I wish one day i can open a thread without so much Mao negativity. What difference does her technique from the past made . By reading this board only people might think Mao is the most imperfect skater. And when her fans say something to defend her they are called crazy. Oh well.
    Have you actually bothered to read my posts? Mao's technique from the past DOES make a difference for the discussion with mary who claimed that good technique on your jumps is irrelevant and doesn't matter that much for the skaters' results. This assertion is terribly wrong and hence me trying to correct her using the examples of Mao, Kanako, Caroline etc. Since she is a devoted Mao fan, and unfortunately a blind one too, she/he cannot accept anything critical about her and tries to repudiate that at all cost. Me using Mao's example as smeone who had bad technique is nothing offensive towards Mao as she indeed had terrible technique. After all, she was the one who decided to change it and took on a heavy burden of re-learning how to do triples! People, if her bad technique wasn't problematic at all which mary tries to prevail upon people to believe, why would Mao herself make this decision, to turn over a new leaf and spend two seasons having poor results and being harshly criticised by skating fans. What matter is that the decision was right because bad technique is, as the name suggests, bad. Mao actually saved her career with this decision and her move to Sato. The whole process was costly and very time-consuming but it has finally paid of.

Apart from that, I am actually a huge Mao fan. She's my favourite female skater now and the third one of all time . That, however, doesn't mean that I should be delusional and fail to notice certain things like bad technique.

Furthermore, my favourite skater is Sasha Cohen. I adore this woman and could watch her spiraling and spinning and doing other things for days. There is plenty of qualities that I love about Sasha. However, that doesn't make me rejecting bad aspects of her skating, like for example bad technique she had on her lutz and flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    Have you actually bothered to read my posts? Mao's technique from the past DOES make a difference for the discussion with mary who claimed that good technique on your jumps is irrelevant and doesn't matter that much for the skaters' results. This assertion is terribly wrong and hence me trying to correct her using the examples of Mao, Kanako, Caroline etc. Since she is a devoted Mao fan, and unfortunately a blind one too, she/he cannot accept anything critical about her and tries to repudiate that at all cost. Me using Mao's example as smeone who had bad technique is nothing offensive towards Mao as she indeed had terrible technique. After all, she was the one who decided to change it and took on a heavy burden of re-learning how to do triples! People, if her bad technique wasn't problematic at all which mary tries to prevail upon people to believe, why would Mao herself make this decision, to turn over a new leaf and spend two seasons having poor results and being harshly criticised by skating fans. What matter is that the decision was right because bad technique is, as the name suggests, bad. Mao actually saved her career with this decision and her move to Sato. The whole process was costly and very time-consuming but it has finally paid of.

Apart from that, I am actually a huge Mao fan. She's my favourite female skater now and the third one of all time . That, however, doesn't mean that I should be delusional and fail to notice certain things like bad technique.

Furthermore, my favourite skater is Sasha Cohen. I adore this woman and could watch her spiraling and spinning and doing other things for days. There is plenty of qualities that I love about Sasha. However, that doesn't make me rejecting bad aspects of her skating, like for example bad technique she had on her lutz and flip.
    you know what, you can take my words out of context as much as you want, and you can twist it the way you want, I don't care since what I actually wrote is still present in it's original form in this thread. but the moment you begin to insult me, just because I don't agree with your nonsense, the discussion for me is over. sigh that's few precious minutes of my life, I will never get back!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4