71 Mushers signed up for Iditarod 42 | Golden Skate

71 Mushers signed up for Iditarod 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The list may grow by a few who sent their application by mail and it was not recieved by the deadline. All applications postmarked before the deadline will be accepted. 6 Champions are back to race again as well as many other familiar faces. This year's race is shaping up to be a good one! Now if the racing season would just get here!

http://iditarod.com/race/2014/mushers/

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Lance Mackey will not be on this year's roster - he confirmed the other day that he is taking the season off. He's had a lot of turmoil in his personal life (to say it's been ugly would be putting it too mildly) and this came as no surprise to most in and around the racing scene. It's too bad, but honestly the last two Iditarods he's been incredibly frustrated, and has taken it out on the media, fans, and other mushers... it's probably in his best interest to chill and reevaluate. His team is in a rebuilding period anyway.

Me personally I'm really hoping this is "finally" Aliy Zirkle's year, and if she can't do it I want to see Jeff King get win #5... I'll be cheering on the Seavey's but at the same time I would love to see some more history making wins (Dallas is the youngest to ever win, Mitch the oldest. Aliy would be the first woman in over 20 years to win, Jeff would be only the second person ever to win 5 Iditarods... and I think he'd beat Mitch's oldest win... hmmm... maybe I have to rethink that one :laugh: )

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dallas Seavey - youngest Iditarod champion, and a personal friend - finally has an official website. To say the Seavey's hate technology would be an understatement. I've been pestering him for years to get someone to do it for him, and he finally has (not me doing it, I work for his dad. totally separate kennels).

Check it out, it's pretty sleek!
http://www.dallasseavey.com/index.php